NEAR-Fest October 11 & 12, 2019 Deerfield, N.H.

Friday. Slight possibility of camping to stay through Saturday- But not feeling it at the moment.
WX permitting...

Maybe Friday. Depends if any seminars are of interest and not merely repeats I've already seen. They never post the seminar schedule until a week beforehand.

I’ll be there Saturday, weather permitting ....I usually bring an older friend with me who can’t really drive anymore so not sure when and for how long. He pays my way in though so I have that going for me.

Plan on going up on Friday, but the WX....
A group of us took the day off of work. Will see what tomorrow brings.

I've decided not to waste my time there. I'm pissed at Mike for not posting the schedule until Monday (it was originally hidden with no link from website). Only 2 seminars interest me, but not enough to spend the day there.

I've decided not to waste my time there. I'm pissed at Mike for not posting the schedule until Monday (it was originally hidden with no link from website). Only 2 seminars interest me, but not enough to spend the day there.
NEAR-Fest seminars make such a shallow impression on me
that I couldn't even tell you when they started.
I wonder if Hosstraders even had them...

OTOH, the Saturday Interior Rockingham forecast has improved a tad.
I was in serious danger of blowing off both days yet again.

NEAR-Fest seminars make such a shallow impression on me
that I couldn't even tell you when they started.
I wonder if Hosstraders even had them...

OTOH, the Saturday Interior Rockingham forecast has improved a tad.
I was in serious danger of blowing off both days yet again.
For a newbie, there have been a few interesting ones. I'm not shopping the flea market, already have more gear than I know how to use, and will be requesting Nashua Area Radio Club's help on where/how to run the dipole I want to string up so I can go on HF. Grounding is a major concern I have, thus the seminar is of interest.

In the past we booked a hotel to go to Near-Fest and due to leaf-peeping season, you can't do that a week beforehand unless you want to pay thru the nose. So the discourtesy of not posting seminars until 3-4 days before the event really ticks me off. Now with a house up in NH it isn't the same big deal, but still shows the lack of respect that Mike has for those attending his event.

I'm not shopping the flea market, already have more gear than I know how to use, ...
That's nature's way of telling you to go as a seller...

Grounding is a major concern I have, thus the seminar is of interest.
Don't sweat it Len -
you've always seemed rather squared-away to me.

In the past we booked a hotel to go to Near-Fest and due to leaf-peeping season, you can't do that a week beforehand unless you want to pay thru the nose. So the discourtesy of not posting seminars until 3-4 days before the event really ticks me off. Now with a house up in NH it isn't the same big deal, but still shows the lack of respect that Mike has for those attending his event.
My interpretation would be that the seminars are an afterthought.
Or as Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds might say...
I'll believe that NEAR-Fest seminars are not an afterthought
when NEAR-Fest stops treating them like an afterthought.​

Went up yesterday and had a great time. Just hung out with buddies, no forums. Setup across from the HAMCOW.

Seemed well attended and steady. People dropped off sharply about 4p.

The Polish Platter was super again, and one of the main attractions for us.

uj

I spent the day there, met the guys from HAMCOW and took a tour of their trailer, then bought some stuff from them. I bought a bunch of odds and ends from various vendors.

But the coolest part was I re-met a guy and his wife that I had known 20 years ago and we're both into the same types of vintage electronics and ham radios. It's always fun to find someone you knew from the past...

What's the secret handshake again
Seminal post.

Went up yesterday and had a great time. Just hung out with buddies, no forums. Setup across from the HAMCOW.
If you were (one of) the sellers fronting for NEARC,
and someone parted by saying that they always include the NEARC events
in their submission to their club's monthly newsletter,
that was me.

Seemed well attended and steady. People dropped off sharply about 4p.
Felt like there was more traffic leaving on Friday afternoon
than there was right after the prize drawing on Saturday.

From which we conclude,
that Miller ain't gonna drink itself.

Good time, went on Friday, spent too much on a power supply once I realized it was to support the phantom net. It needs some upgrades, cool I have a project, amp, volt meters etc. I'll pretty it up. Near 50 pounds, next year bringing a cart. Went back on Saturday, 440 beam, scope probes, and some test equipment, Italian sausage roll. Will be back in the spring. local CBer i knew talked me into a tribander hand held great receive. talked with everyone, nice people.

Back
Top Bottom