• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NE manufacturers & "gun valley"

Advanced Ammunition Company in Manchester is about a block of the street from where I work. I've been trying to get in touch with them to stop by and talk with them and learn more about their products to support the "locals" but have yet to reach anyone there.

Competitor Corporation, Inc.

Home of the Competitor Pistol ...600+ calibers and counting!

26 Knight Street, Unit 3
P.O. Box 352
Jaffrey, NH 03452 - 0352
Ph : (603) 532-9483
Fax : (603) 532-8209

This the same company that's building my Gun Club's (MRGCI.com) Rifle Raffle firearm.

The quality is excellent, but the wait can be long.
competitor.jpg

Huh, was looking over the GunBlast review site and I found this -Austrian Sporting Arms seems to have some sort of product center in Ware, MA. The guns are made Austria, but I think they're imported in Ware... they certainly don't manufacturer them though. Don't know if it counts, but interesting.

DSC09905.JPG

They make .22 glock "copies"
http://www.gunblast.com/ISSC-M22.htm

A couple updates for you.

Ruger now has a factory in Newport, NH. (likely it's been there forever or they had other ops there).

For your "lost" list, you should add Iver Johnson, Fitchburg MA. (They had a huge factory in the city a loooooooooong time ago. )

-Mike

Got Iver Johnson now.

If anybody has links (or better links) for ANY of these makers, put them up here.

Thanks.

A couple updates for you.

Ruger now has a factory in Newport, NH. (likely it's been there forever or they had other ops there).

NOTHING new there; it's been in Newport for decades. Ruger made its rifles and some of its handguns there. The casting process was quite interesting.

That's an odd duck. Springfield Armory still exists as a company, but they are no longer in New England, Springfield, Massachusetts, to be specific. If you have a link to the Springfield, Massachusetts manufacturing facility, or a picture of it, I guess I can put a link to that in the "Lost" area.

"ROCHESTER — Springfield, Mass-based Smith & Wesson Holding Corp is relocating its Thompson/Center Arms operations from Rochester, N.H., to its Springfield, Mass. facility, according to the City biz Real Estate website" ...this was widely announced back in December (2010).

They reported that the move should conclude around September of 2011.

They produced mainly hunting rifles/black powder and long barrels at the foundry.

That leaves their (S&W Holdings) "locally" outside of Springfield to Houlton, Maine where their plant produces restraints/handcuffs and the Walther PPK.

Smith and Wesson bussed all the remaining Thompson employees to a really nice hall a few years ago, told them they are all fired and bussed them back to the plant to gather their belongings.

Smith and Wesson put 400+ people out of work in the blink of an eye.

Their employees still don't know jack about building Thompson guns.

Smith and Wesson may make some decent guns but in my opinion, they don't give a crap about anyone.

I will get along fine without their products.

Smith and Wesson bussed all the remaining Thompson employees to a really nice hall a few years ago, told them they are all fired and bussed them back to the plant to gather their belongings.

Smith and Wesson may make some decent guns but in my opinion, they don't give a crap about anyone.

They're a public corporation with one duty, increase shareholder value. Expecting more would be naive. Further, if they can figure out how to make a Performance Center revolver or 1911, I'm quite sure they can figure out how to make a bolt action rifle or muzzleloader.

You're free to spend your gun budget as you want.

I thought Kahr owns Auto Ordnance, which owns Thompson.

???

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/

They used to have their offices in St Albans, VT. The offices are in Florida now, the warehouses are in Georgia, VT primarily, and they may still have one in St Albans, but they are out of their old one. I've got a friend that lives across the tracks from their old place.
The Century Arms plant and warehouse is in an industrial park in Fairfax, VT.

They are designing some new products and do assembly there as well. I toured the facility last December.

It didn't mention Thompson Center, it said Thompson. I didn't know Thompson Center was bought by S&W. They used to be in Vermont, right?

ISSC Ware MA - Importer

Not any more. ISSC was imported by Austrian Sporting Arms which was located in the back of the Ware gun shop. Sometime last fall they lost the importation rights and the guns are now imported by Legacy Arms in Reno.

Another manufacturer not on the list is Reinhard T. Torkelson who started manufacturing shotguns in Worcester around 1900 and operated in Warren Ma. from 1903-08.

What I find appalling is that there are gun manufacturers in MA, who pay taxes here, and whose employees pay taxes here, yet the stupid frickin' government won't allow their products for general sale without them bending over. I mean, realistically, why do they stay?

Because its clearly cheaper for them to stay here than to move.

anyways, I wish Thomson Center made more muskets.

There is a little info out there if you search around. All I've got are these grainy pics of the Warren factory from a postcard and an envelope with the Worcester address.

Attachments

• tork01.jpg
    tork01.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 24
  • envelope.jpg
    envelope.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom