• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NE manufacturers & "gun valley"

Saco-Maremont

I forgot to add that you could not buy weapons from them. They were strictly government contracts.

There are so many manufacturers here in New England for both firearms and accessories. I always consider a New England company first when making a purchase. My preference is to support my neighbors.

Wilcox Industries Corp.
25 Piscataqua Drive
Newington, NH 03801 USA

Is now manufaturing H&K 416, 417, and HK45 State side for US consumptions.

arms co

NEF is H&R also (1887 ???)
Century is in Florida and has been for yrs.
winchester is still in Conn.the mod 70 is made here in Columbia SC.the 94 will be made in Japan as the 1895 is.
mass had many gun cop. in and around worchester.mass arms and in Hopington a derringer factory.Vermont made many civil war rifles in springfield vt.[smile][rofl]

Last edited:
Century is in Florida and has been for yrs.

They used to have their offices in St Albans, VT. The offices are in Florida now, the warehouses are in Georgia, VT primarily, and they may still have one in St Albans, but they are out of their old one. I've got a friend that lives across the tracks from their old place.

Firearms Manufactory Forehand and Wadsworth
firearms.jpg

http://www.worcestermass.com/places/firearms.shtml

Worcester,Mass - Places of the Past, Harrington & Richardson
user-image-1180036978.jpg

http://www.worcestermass.com/places/harringtonrichards.shtml

Did you H&R had S&W ties?
(Baby brother Frank Wesson started his own firearms manufacturing firm in 1859, sharing an early patent with Nathan Harrington. Wesson produced his famous two trigger rifles and spur trigger pistols and pocket rifles. He shared a brief partnership with his nephew Gilbert Harrington, as Wesson and Harrington. In 1875 Harrington and another former Wesson employee, William Richardson formed the new H&R company. Both Richardson and Harrington died in 1897.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H_&_R_Firearms

From H&R:
A Simplified Tommy-Gun

What was this gun?

Last edited:
mass arms

massachusets arm co. Boston made 2 shot deringer22/32.also c&b like colt.
deringer co in Hopkington.[might be allen.]
nice to see who got the companies in the end.
F&W became forhand arms and then folsom hardwear.[marlin]next
Iver Johnson fichburg(?)pistols rifles shotguns and carbine(universal arms)nj

Made some updates and changes. Please try to help, and find a web site, town, or some history of whatever company it is. Thanks.

No mention of PTR which is located in Farmington, CT that makes a great HK 91 clone and also Gonic Arms located in Gonic, NH which makes an inline muzzle loader that to me is a rip off of thompson center arms.

????

Robbins & ?? in vermont made many guns for civil war several different makes.
mass arms of boston.and there was a company in worchester that made colt 45 colt clones.[grin]

Made some updates and changes. Please try to help, and find a web site, town, or some history of whatever company it is. Thanks.

Made some more changes and added some links. If some of you could do some research or have pictures or history to add, please do so. Thanks.

Did someone mention Stag-Arms in New Britian CT...i own one..so do a bunch of my friends....

Got it.

Edit: If I missed anyone's post, send it again. Thanks.

No mention of PTR which is located in Farmington, CT that makes a great HK 91 clone and also Gonic Arms located in Gonic, NH which makes an inline muzzle loader that to me is a rip off of thompson center arms.

Got PTR91 Inc, but fixed town for you. Gonic isn't coming up. Are they gone (ic)? Dig up something, and I'll post in lost ones area. Thanks.

Robbins & ?? in vermont made many guns for civil war several different makes.
mass arms of boston.and there was a company in worchester that made colt 45 colt clones.[grin]

Need some more details on this one. Pictures, history, whatever.

Got it.

Stag Arms, New Britain, CT

Got it.

Anyone here clever with Google Maps or another mapping program and have some time? It would be pretty neat to see where these all are in relation to each other and in relation to the various N.E. gun shops.

I moved Ethan Allen to the "lost" area, but linked to a search I started. If anyone else can research the unlinked ones, it would be most helpful. When replying, indicate if they are currently in business or "lost".

Last edited:
Bay State Arms used to exist in my home town of Uxbridge, long ago.

I'd love to own one. Anyone got one? They were mostly low-end .22's and single barrel shotguns from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom