• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NBC news article RE: Goal vs Mass

There's 2 comments there now. One of them needs to be edited though. I think that it only shows up in FB if you click the box that asks if you want it to show up.

I know that GOAL is listed as an NRA affiliate, but from what I remember of comments made at the GOAL fundraiser back in August, the NRA itself has been AWOL when it came to helping with MA specific issues. Which makes me wonder how much financial support the NRA is sending GOAL's way?

I just saw similar post on yahoo guess it's national news now! [smile]

Excellent! This SHOULD get national exposure! People across the country need to know what Healy has done so that they can defend against this crap in their state as well!

I know that GOAL is listed as an NRA affiliate, but from what I remember of comments made at the GOAL fundraiser back in August, the NRA itself has been AWOL when it came to helping with MA specific issues. Which makes me wonder how much financial support the NRA is sending GOAL's way?

What exactly is GOAL's relationship with the NRA? Mere cooperation does not make one "a state chapter of the National Rifle Association", as the story claims.

What exactly is GOAL's relationship with the NRA? Mere cooperation does not make one "a state chapter of the National Rifle Association", as the story claims.

This dickhead fenimore also says goal is trying to overturn a 20 year old law. Lying ****ing shit stacking twatwaffle!!!!!

This dickhead fenimore also says goal is trying to overturn a 20 year old law. Lying ****ing shit stacking twatwaffle!!!!!
Actually, it does attack the AWB. It states that magazine restrictions, Healdog's Notice, AND the AWB are unconstitutional as indicated by the Caetano and Heller judgments for common use and defensive guns.

Actually, it does attack the AWB. It states that magazine restrictions, Healdog's Notice, AND the AWB are unconstitutional as indicated by the Caetano and Heller judgments for common use and defensive guns.

The point is the shitstain makes it sound like the goal legal action is only against a 20 year old lose and has come out of the blue. It is in reaction the Healy's recent "re-interpetation of the law. Right?

FOr those unfamiliar with the nuances of GOAL and the NRA it is my opinion that after a severe falling out 20 plus years ago the NRA has basically washed it hands of Massachusetts gun politics. I don't put blame on anyone but from the times I lived there and dealt with the then GOAL I suspect they cut off their nose to spite their face. Mass. gun laws have been against the gun owner ever since. It would seem to me that the best thing Mass gun owners could do is heal the riff between GOAL and NRA. If they got back together and worked hard at dealing with the arcane situation in that Commonwealth just perhaps gun owners there would once again gain some respect . Just MHO!

The point is the shitstain makes it sound like the goal legal action is only against a 20 year old lose and has come out of the blue. It is in reaction the Healy's recent "re-interpetation of the law. Right?
if i Remember correctly during the interview Brent mentioned there was not alot of existing case law; and with a few big wins recently for our side it gave us ammo to fight with because with out it judges dont normally over rule other judges

IIRC

The previous interpretation (the one that was used on the Federal 1994 that this was copied from) and the one that Harshbarger, Reilly and Coakley all agreed with as well as all the AG's in the country from 1994-2004 was defensible as it wasn't an outright ban - it was 'reasonable'. By now making it everything - it can now be challenged more effectively - the magazines would just be sweet justice.

While I personally disagree with 'reasonable restrictions' as "shall not be infringed" appears clear to me; that is the fig leaf the left have hidden behind since 1994 - AG Healy's action removes that fig leaf.

I guess it all depends on who is appointed to SCOTUS by Trump.

If there were a time to throw the hail mary this does seem to be it. Perhaps a delay to allow a potential second Trump appointment may have helped but that is no guarantee.

FOr those unfamiliar with the nuances of GOAL and the NRA it is my opinion that after a severe falling out 20 plus years ago the NRA has basically washed it hands of Massachusetts gun politics. I don't put blame on anyone but from the times I lived there and dealt with the then GOAL I suspect they cut off their nose to spite their face. Mass. gun laws have been against the gun owner ever since. It would seem to me that the best thing Mass gun owners could do is heal the riff between GOAL and NRA. If they got back together and worked hard at dealing with the arcane situation in that Commonwealth just perhaps gun owners there would once again gain some respect . Just MHO!

According to Brent from Comm2a, the NRA and GOAL were jointly instrumental in bringing the case and he has said a few times that the NRA often works behind the scenes in Mass because of the negative press they bring when directly associated with pro-2A measures.

There is no "riff" between the NRA and GOAL. No rift either.

IIRC

The previous interpretation (the one that was used on the Federal 1994 that this was copied from) and the one that Harshbarger, Reilly and Coakley all agreed with as well as all the AG's in the country from 1994-2004 was defensible as it wasn't an outright ban - it was 'reasonable'. By now making it everything - it can now be challenged more effectively - the magazines would just be sweet justice.

While I personally disagree with 'reasonable restrictions' as "shall not be infringed" appears clear to me; that is the fig leaf the left have hidden behind since 1994 - AG Healy's action removes that fig leaf.

It would be sweetly ironic if Maura's actions backfired and ended up having the opposite effect.

I guess it all depends on who is appointed to SCOTUS by Trump.

If there were a time to throw the hail mary this does seem to be it. Perhaps a delay to allow a potential second Trump appointment may have helped but that is no guarantee.
Trump will appoint a staunch 2A supporter and the Dems will go wild trying to block him/her.

- - - Updated - - -

Mentioning the NRA in Ma. is like throwing red meat to the lions. M*******s hate the NRA more then they do ISIS.

Trump will appoint a staunch 2A supporter and the Dems will go wild trying to block him/her.

- - - Updated - - -

Mentioning the NRA in Ma. is like throwing red meat to the lions. M*******s hate the NRA more then they do ISIS.
Ya, an NRA hat spotted in MA is as rare as a bald eagle sighting.

M*******s hate the NRA more then they do ISIS.

I don't think the Cambridge moonbats and the other 31 flavors of libtards even hate ISIS - I think most of them believe that they're "victims" of some socioeconomic or geopolitical problem caused by "the west", which tends to be the propaganda tagline from the effete elite whenever they need to rile up their followers oppose the facts and show solidarity for monsters...

I mean, remember when the Umayyad Caliphates army of moorish slave-conscripts invaded Spain and sacked Corsica circa 711?

That was because of a Youtube video.

"I don't think the Cambridge moonbats and the other 31 flavors of libtards even hate ISIS - I think most of them believe that they're "victims" of some socioeconomic or geopolitical problem caused by "the west", which tends to be the propaganda tagline from the effete elite whenever they need to rile up their followers oppose the facts and show solidarity for monsters..."*******
You are correct, which shows the utter hypocrisy of the left and their twisted morals. Islamic Terrorists who kill gays/Christians, rape women and children are much more sympathetic to moonbats than conservative gunowners. WE are the enemy to them, not some Middle Eastern religious fanatic.

There is no "riff" between the NRA and GOAL. No rift either.

If there was a riff between GOAL and the NRA at one time that hatchet was buried a long time ago. I seem to remember that Jim Wallace was a potential candidate for the NRA Board, but he turned it down to stay with GOAL and the local fight.

Back
Top Bottom