NBA star trash-talking National Anthem

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-mavericks-howard&prov=ap&type=lgns

The battered reputation of Josh Howard took another hit this week when an online video surfaced showing the Dallas Mavericks forward disrespecting the national anthem.

In a video posted on YouTube, Howard is shown on a football field at a charity flag football game. As the national anthem plays in the background, Howard approaches a camera and says: “‘The Star Spangled Banner’ is going on right now. I don’t even celebrate that (expletive). I’m black.”

Howard’s agent, Jeff Schwartz, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment. Donnie Nelson, the Mavericks’ president of basketball operations, directed questions to team owner Mark Cuban, who in an e-mail declined to comment.

The incident is the latest off-court problem for Howard, a fifth-year pro from Wake Forest who averaged 19.9 points and seven rebounds last season. He was arrested in July when police said he was drag racing at 94 mph in a 55 zone. A court appearance was scheduled for next week.

Howard was criticized last season for saying in a radio interview during a first-round playoff series against New Orleans that he occasionally smokes marijuana. Later that same series, he angered coach Avery Johnson by throwing himself a birthday bash after a Game 4 loss to the Hornets.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
These are the a**h***s that the kids of america consider heros and look up to them... freakin punk who needs to know what its like to be a nobody for a while.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have Mavs vs Celts tickets for this year, I'm sure he'll get booed to all hell. Too bad I don't have enough money to hire KG to punch him in the mouth. Group buy anyone?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Further proof that some people simply don't deserve to live in the most freedom-loving nation on Earth.

Let's ship his ungrateful ass to Zimbabwe, and see if he can find anything to celebrate over there.

Ass.

Hole.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
what the f*** does being black have to do with the national anthem?

f*** him... personally, i say f*** the whole NBA... they are the worst when it comes to taking the biggest POSs and putting them in to making millions.

most of these a**h***s are gang thug shitheads that dont deserve the right to live, let alone play a professional sport.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

f*** him... personally, i say f*** the whole NBA... they are the worst when it comes to taking the biggest POSs and putting them in to making millions.

most of these a**h***s are gang thug shitheads that dont deserve the right to live, let alone play a professional sport.
+1

Rating - 100%
21   0   0

+1 If I saw a bunch of professional basketball players hanging around at the end of my driveway the first thing I'd do is call the cops.

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
The league's made some decent steps in righting the worst of the thuggishness that's crept in since the late 90's. I hope they do something about this, but when we have a presidential candidate who refuses to salute during the National Anthem, I doubt they will.[frown]

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you can take a man out of the streets but you can take the streets out of the man. same classless individual only with a lot more money.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Those of us who understand these things know that to the average black person, EVERYTHING goes back to slavery; i.e., they were brought here unwillingly, etc., etc., and many, not all, do not consider this to be their country. They'll take all it has to offer, but respect the national anthem? Never!

chobicus

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The league's made some decent steps in righting the worst of the thuggishness that's crept in since the late 90's. I hope they do something about this, but when we have a presidential candidate who refuses to salute during the National Anthem, I doubt they will.[frown]
Please stop perpetuating this ridiculous rumor. It was a quote from conservative satirist John Semmens in one of his articles that got emailed around and everyone believed it without even bothering to question the retarded Fwd in their inboxes.

Seriously, just google it, it will take you 5 seconds and you won't have to deal with someone calling you out on it in public when youre around peers.

Top Bottom