Navy select fire lower???

i recently got an HK USC and probably in the far far away future have plans on turning it into a UMP. Now my question is would it be illegal to have a NAVY lower instead of the standard FBI lower? I mean the internals in both lowers would only ever allow the gun to either be SAFE or SEMI, so the additional select fire options in the NAVY lower would be mute, but im only asking as the select fire lowers are more readily available then the FBI lower.

I am guessing here... and you would really want to verify this with a person that has a real clue...

But... If you just install the housing (put your semi guts into the FA housing) you should be OK, legally.

From what I have seen all of the lowers came with the FA internals.

YOU COULD NOT BE IN POSSESSION of the FA internals as well as a semi rifle, that would be constructive possession. You probably would also NOT want a paper trail record of you receiving such goodies. As this could be difficult to explain, should there be an issue. The lost the internals in a boating accident may not work.

With all of that said.

I would tell you it's a BAD idea.

If you are just going to mount it in a case and stick it on your wall, fine. But, if you intend to use this gun, take it to a range or have the potential of getting pulled over transporting it, this will be a major headache to explain to every single person that you just wanted it to "look" like the FA version, but it's not REALLY a FA and does not ACTUALLY have the sear (or whatever) installed and it's perfectly legal and ok... no, really.. NO REALLY...

If pulled over... The police will probably arrest, confiscate and let your lawyer explain it all to the judge.

All in all. not worth the headache, explanations and the expense.

Last edited:
the other thing you can run into is that if you go to a range with a bunch of Fudds that don't allow FA and question anything with a detachable mag, they will almost always tell you (if they can see well enough to notice) that "you can't shoot that here, we don't allow machine guns". No talk about semi only is going to convince them otherwise and it will be a pain.

trust me on this..
I have had conversations with Range Officer Fossil Fudd Buttinsky on many oocasions.

Last edited:
I believe the lower must also be clipped and pinned.

Don't quote me on that though. Check out the HKPro forum if you don't find the answer here.

I believe the lower must also be clipped and pinned.

Don't quote me on that though. Check out the HKPro forum if you don't find the answer here.

I think you may be referring to pinned lowers as opposed to clip on lowers??

If you have a sear gun (semi w/ a sear) even if you register the sear as married to the host the ATF has said that you are NOT able to modify the receiver. Modification of the receiver is BAD JUJU and as far as ATF is concerned constitutes making that receiver into a machine gun.. So, you can not legally install a push pin lower (as you would need to drill the rcvr to accept the pinned lower).
That is for 91,93, 94..

I don't know about UMPs..

Last edited:
I think you may be referring to pinned lowers as opposed to clip on lowers??

If you have a sear gun (semi w/ a sear) even if you register the sear as married to the host the ATF has said that you are NOT able to modify the receiver. Modification of the receiver is BAD JUJU and as far as ATF is concerned constitutes making that receiver into a machine gun.. So, you can not legally install a push pin lower (as you would need to drill the rcvr to accept the pinned lower).
That is for 91,93, 94..

I don't know about UMPs..

Not correct. You can install a select fire trigger housing on the HK 91,93,94 so long as you don't drill the receiver for the forward pin. The 'clipped and pinned' housings simply have the end bits of a pin silver soldered into the holes of the housing to make it look like there is a full pin securing the housing in place when, in actuality, the 'semi shelf' is still present which blocks the use of the auto sear from a select or full auto trigger pack.

There should be no talk about semi. The only talk should be telling the guy to mind his own ****ing business until you do something against club rules.

I agree. This is the way it SHOULD work.

There is against club rules.
There is the perception of against club rules.
There is RO Fudd's version of club rules.
There is wasting all your shooting time explaining to RO Fudd that he is wrong rules.
There is I am sick of dealing with RO Fudd, I am just going to pack up and go home rules.

I believe it's perfectly legal.

I think that if he wants to do it, go for it.

I also believe it has the ability to be a pain in the ass. Raise questions and issues, potentially ruin your day and provides no functional benefit.

Not correct. You can install a select fire trigger housing on the HK 91,93,94 so long as you don't drill the receiver for the forward pin. The 'clipped and pinned' housings simply have the end bits of a pin silver soldered into the holes of the housing to make it look like there is a full pin securing the housing in place when, in actuality, the 'semi shelf' is still present which blocks the use of the auto sear from a select or full auto trigger pack.

That is still a clip on lower and not a push pin lower. (imo)

That is what I have on mine. I have never heard of or called it anything other than a clip on..

I don't have any idea what you mean by "semi shelf".

I drop my semi pack into a sef housing, I pull it out and drop my pack with a sear into it no issues/ everything works fine. I have done this on hk94/ 91 and sp89 using various clip on (SEF) housings.

To go from 9mm to 308.. I pop the trip levers. throw it in to the correct housing and that's it.

011.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom