• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National guardsmen killed in shooting rampage in NV

... “I kept thinking he was in our building,” Peters said. “We were just huddled in the bathroom in the dark. It was really scary.” ....

[angry] This is NOT how I would want to go out... huddled in a bathroom. Lucky guy struck another area where nobody was carrying... [sad2]

RIP

The government must pulling wackos out of the asylums, arming them, and turning them loose to make news again...

I really think people in the media might want to bring to light my biggest issue with this incident being that our ARMED service men and women are getting shot when they get home. It seems time to idunno maybe let the military carry when in service to thier country home or away. I see no reason why they need to be disarmed to be around all of the sensitive folks, just my thoughts.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/gunman-kills-3-at-1160181.html

Check out the comments on assault weapons and semi-auto and auto.

Swagler, who owns Locals BBQ & Grill. "But when he came at me, when somebody is pointing an automatic weapon at you — you can't believe the firepower, the kind of rounds coming out of that weapon." ---Great just more fuel for the AWB people...

"Furlong says they're analyzing the shooter's weapon to determine whether it is automatic or semi-automatic."

If that gun turns out to be one of the "Fast and furious" weapons from AZ, Holder et al should swing...

A couple of promotions and the re-assignment of the former BATFE head should be recinded and remanded to the charge of the Arizona AG for murder.

[angry]Lucky guy struck another area where nobody was carrying... [sad2]

RIP

Actually at least one person was armed: "The gunfire prompted Ralph Swagler, the owner of a nearby barbecue restaurant, to grab his weapon. But when Sencion started toward him, Swagler backed away."

The guy found the AK-47 overwhelming, and I suspect I would too. Still, he could have saved lives and he'll have to live with that.

Actually at least one person was armed: "The gunfire prompted Ralph Swagler, the owner of a nearby barbecue restaurant, to grab his weapon. But when Sencion started toward him, Swagler backed away."

The guy found the AK-47 overwhelming, and I suspect I would too. Still, he could have saved lives and he'll have to live with that.
This is what sort of makes me wonder, this is Nevada, gun laws are a hell of a lot more reasonable out there. I would have figured more folks would have been carrying. It's getting to be more of the situation for those that are licensed or own handguns, to be required to carry in the event of a situation such as this. Look, we live in a society were firearms ARE part of our lives, regardless of what the anti's and the sheep say. The guns are not going away so why pretend they are a taboo and closet only device. If more and more wackos are going to go off, which seems to be the case, especially with more and more people out of work, on the edge, broke and feeling desperate, the police show up to pick up the pieces and point fingers at how bad the gun is and forget the individuals responsibility in this. If just one person was carrying, the situation has at least the potential of not being as bad.
And yes, our servicemen and women who are stateside, should have the right to carry their sidearm with them on and off the base. If more folks are known to be carrying, the chances are going to be less of someone going off in public places, deterrent, deterrent, deterrent.

Back
Top Bottom