National Guard Warrior Transition Course

Has anyone here been through the WTC for the National Guard. I am due to get out of the Navy at the end of the year and while I am looking forward to being a civilian again, I don't want to completely leave the military. I am looking for any info that people who have gone through it may have. Thanks.

It is the National Guard. How do you think it is? If you live by RI then join their National Guard. If you do not then join the Reserves.

Because I was disqualified from service due to an injury in my late teens I have unfortunately been deprived of the honor.

As the result, the terms and acronyms sometimes catch me off guard.

When I first saw about the WTC I honestly thought before reading that it was going to be a "now that you have done your service, guns are bad. Forget all you have learned, do what you are told and oppose guns in society."

I am glad I was wrong.

WTC, From what I understand it is not too bad. It's seems be be a no frills basic training.

Thanks. I'm not looking to go through boot camp again. I don't want some drill instructor in my face yelling again. Just show me the Army way and send me on my way...

By no frills I mean that you will not be teated as a new soldier. I suggest that you ask your recruter about it. That person would have all the answers that your looking for.

I joined the Air Guard after a two year break in service from active duty Navy (AE). No boot camp, got a waiver for tech school (I was working as a civilian avionics tech), just a lot of hoops to jump through with the differences between the Air Force ways and the Navy ways. I still can't answer the phone properly there though. "Avionics, unsecured line, Petty Offic.......awww crap" and then I hang up. If it's important they'll call back.

i joined the army national guard after a 10 year seperation from the marines... walked onto base, got uniforms, met the people i work with..... and off i went

Back
Top Bottom