• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National Concealed Carry

Now is the time. I have no illusions, this will be a fight, but this is the time - and we need to fight for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, maybe constitutional carry in NH stands a chance now with a republican governor.

National concealed carry only works if gun/magazine bans are gone too. Otherwise if I traveled to MA with my FNS9 with 17+1 I'd get my visit extended by 2.5 years times the number of 17 round mags I have.
Or I have to base what I travel with on the most restrictive jurisdiction I pass through.

National concealed carry only works if gun/magazine bans are gone too. Otherwise if I traveled to MA with my FNS9 with 17+1 I'd get my visit extended by 2.5 years times the number of 17 round mags I have.
Or I have to base what I travel with on the most restrictive jurisdiction I pass through.

Good point.

Spectacular point - ergo - all state restrictions that are more stringent than federal are moot. Just like with driver's licenses. :)

No. No one should support this. You don't give the federal government power to give you permission to carry a gun.

If you want to carry everywhere legally, support repealing laws, not adding to them. Supporting an idea like this is so short sighted I don't even know where to begin. Do you want a Dem president a few years later adding ridiculous requirements and suitability to such a permit?

Don't support government expansion.

I am against it. Not that I don't like the idea of being able to carry anywhere in the US. I do NOT like the idea of it being imposed by the federal government. If the federal government imposes it, then the federal government sets the standards. Guess which agency that will likely fall to?

Which means that a future Democrat President can order that agency to impose "common sense" restrictions. Look at how much Obama tried (and will likely try to do) by executive order to expand the number of Prohibited People.

National Reciprocity, will we see it?

With a Trump presidency and Republican controlled House and Senate, will we see this come to fruition? I'm always leery of new Federal laws, but damn it, shouldn't the Second Amendment allow us to carry anywhere in the USA?!

I'm sure many liberal cesspool states would fight (and arrest) on this after it passed, but soon enough the courts would smack them down and they'd have to comply. And at long last I could drive to my in-laws in NJ with my carry.

Federal law is the wrong way to do this. They'll take on rubbish. Was FOPA worth the Hughes amendment? NO! Keep the feds out of it except to slap down anti-2A laws in court.

Seriously. How many threads are we going to have about this before people read one and wake up to how TERRIBLE of an idea that is. There's already been a thread today on this.

Federal law is the wrong way to do this. They'll take on rubbish. Was FOPA worth the Hughes amendment? NO! Keep the feds out of it except to slap down anti-2A laws in court.

I've thought about that, too. I'd think it would take many years to overturn the horrible anti-carry laws in states like New Jersey. That said, after some Trump appointments, I'd think SCOTUS would be very likely to overturn those unconstitutional laws.

- - - Updated - - -

If I've duped, feel free to merge/delete. I did a quick search and didn't see another thread.

With a Trump presidency and Republican controlled House and Senate, will we see this come to fruition? I'm always leery of new Federal laws, but damn it, shouldn't the Second Amendment allow us to carry anywhere in the USA?!

I'm sure many liberal cesspool states would fight (and arrest) on this after it passed, but soon enough the courts would smack them down and they'd have to comply. And at long last I could drive to my in-laws in NJ with my carry.

No.

The Republicans only have a bare majority in the Senate. It takes 60 votes to pass a vote of cloture (end debate on a bill). So the only way a bill will get through the Senate is if it has support from about 9 Democratic senators, plus it keeps support from every Republican.

As a result, it is unlikely that Congress will enact controversial legislation.

I don't need a permit to carry a gun right now and I certainly don't want the Feds issuing me one. Giving the Feds power to LIMIT anything is bad and you are effectively doing just that. Who the hell wants a federal suitability statute? Think that won't bite you in the ass?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/322179-National-Concealed-Carry

I don't need a permit to carry a gun right now and I certainly don't want the Feds issuing me one. Giving the Feds power to LIMIT anything is bad and you are effectively doing just that. Who the hell wants a federal suitability statute? Think that won't bite you in the ass?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/322179-National-Concealed-Carry

Not talking about a national license. I'd be completely opposed to that. I'm talking reciprocity. Think along same lines as my MA driver's license being honored in other states.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the great victory last night is Trump nominating 2 or 3 Supreme Court Justices. Everything else seems secondary to that.

Get the SC to finally defend the constitution and strike down unconstitutional laws. We don't need more laws and bigger government.

It's hard for me to believe that there are some here that think national concealed carry would be somehow worse than the current set of hodge podge laws? Ask the poor woman from PA that was abused by the state of NJ or any number of people abused by NY City laws what they think of the current situation. If the second amendment means anything, if it's a 'right' that you can freely exercise, state borders shouldn't matter, and that is the real fight, isn't it. Concealed carry is that fight.

It's hard for me to believe that there are some here that think national concealed carry would be somehow worse than the current set of hodge podge laws? Ask the poor woman from PA that was abused by the state of NJ or any number of people abused by NY City laws what they think of the current situation. If the second amendment means anything, if it's a 'right' that you can freely exercise, state borders shouldn't matter, and that is the real fight, isn't it? Concealed carry is that fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the great victory last night is Trump nominating 2 or 3 Supreme Court Justices. Everything else seems secondary to that.

Get the SC to finally defend the constitution and strike down unconstitutional laws. We don't need more laws and bigger government.
This. I'm not counting on it, but there is some hope now

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Not talking about a national license. I'd be completely opposed to that. I'm talking reciprocity. Think along same lines as my MA driver's license being honored in other states.

Distinction without a difference. I don't need a license to carry a gun in NH. So how do I get "reciprocity".

The answer of course is the Feds will set minimum standards.

What you're proposing screws a lot of the country where license don't exist or there is already reciprocity in place. New England is not representative of the country as a whole.

Here's the problem with National/Federally mandated CCW

Its not constitutional

Its a "Bad Idea" for all the same reasons that the supreme court ruling in Heller/McDonald that RKBA was what we all know it to be

It gives the fed gov power over that right

The Heller decision was not a negative. Read Scalia's decision. It's a great read and you don't have to be a lawyer to understand it - for the most part. The decision ' incorporated' the 2nd amendment as a fundamental right. What we as citizens have to do is demand that basic right in the courts and legislatures That's the game, and the field it'll be played, on whether it's the way we want it or not.

The Heller decision was not a negative. Read Scalia's decision. It's a great read and you don't have to be a lawyer to understand it - for the most part. The decision ' incorporated' the 2nd amendment as a fundamental right. What we as citizens have to do is demand that basic right in the courts and legislatures That's the game, and the field it'll be played, on whether it's the way we want it or not.

A fundamental right with "reasonable restrictions". **** that. Can this national CCW shit and throw it out the window.

Back
Top Bottom