• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

National Association of Police Chiefs Survey

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

I'm pleasantly surprised that over 60% are pro national carry permit.

MarkM said:
Very interesting, thanks for posting.

I'm pleasantly surprised that over 60% are pro national carry permit.

You don't want to run that survey from the MCOPA. I can guarantee that the results would be VERY different!

LenS said:
You don't want to run that survey from the MCOPA. I can guarantee that the results would be VERY different!

MCOPA? Massachusetts Communist Police Officer's Association? [smile]

Yeah, I know the initials are in the wrong order... couldn't make it come out the way I wanted otherwise.

Ross, you aren't really wrong.

It really is the REMF police association (analogy for the benefit of our military members)!

MCOPA - Mass Chiefs of Police Assn. They are the ones who:

- Testify that chiefs need to be able to use 100% discretion in issuing/denying LTCs.
- Chiefs should have the "right" to demand doctors letters, qualification tests, gun club membership, additional training, DNA samples, blood and urine samples and anything else their little hearts desire prior to issuing a LTC or renewal!
- That stood in the way of HR218 and believe that ONLY their officers should be able to carry guns in their territory! Not even visiting officers should be allowed to carry. You can imagine how they feel about the "unwashed masses" carrying based on someone else's issuing a permit!​
They actually write the entire "approved curriculum" of police training and qualification in the state. Although a retired LEO friend contends that it is MSP that is actually pulling the strings politically in the background (something that I wouldn't know about). He was a "certified instructor" by MCJTC/MPTC until the day he retired . . . you instantly lose the credentials when you retire (a very dumb policy). He's a lurker here and I can't convince him to join and participate . . . he's also the owner of a gun shop that I've mentioned here in the past.

LenS said:
Ross, you aren't really wrong.

It really is the REMF police association (analogy for the benefit of our military members)!

Len, I think that enough of us civilians know what a REMF is. And I wouldn't DREAM of calling my city COP that - not when I need to renew my LTC soon, anyway!

My town has always (as long as I have been here anyways) been pro-LTC. In fact, when I first moved here the then-Chief gave me a letter to amend my LTC from another city to allow me to carry concealed. Then when I renewed it was for "Personal Protection".

MrsWildweasel said:
Ours too has always been a shall issue, even when we got the new chief last year.

Was it your former police chief that got caught with all the unsecured guns when one of his kids took his cruiser or something?

No that was Easthamptons....know him too. He and his wife were on vacation when the kids were left home alone.
Were in Westhampton.

Back
Top Bottom