• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Natchez shooters Blazer brass 115gr

The Free state of New Hampshire (Southeast)
I have been using BB 115 gr (5200) for years with no issues.. I bought the Natchez bulk 1050 rounds (52001). When it arrived I inspected the rounds and immediately noticed the brass casings have areas of what looks like corrosion (dark spots).

It's going to be a couple weeks before i get to the range so I was wondering if anyone has bought this from Natchez and if so, did you experience any reliability issues..

Just curious..

Thanks

I have been using BB 115 gr (5200) for years with no issues.. I bought the Natchez bulk 1050 rounds (52001). When it arrived I inspected the rounds and immediately noticed the brass casings have areas of what looks like corrosion (dark spots).

It's going to be a couple weeks before i get to the range so I was wondering if anyone has bought this from Natchez and if so, did you experience any reliability issues..

Just curious..

Thanks

The last time I bought Blazer Brass 9mm from Target Sports, it was the same. I don't care about looks, but had functioning issues and chrono was all over the place...175 fps spread from low to high over 25 rounds. I'm done with that ammo

Sounds pretty par for the course with any loose-in-bag bulk ammo. They always look like shit but usually shoot fine.

I've never had trouble with the Blazer Brass 115gr, but I've never tried the loose-in-bag stuff. I usually buy a case and they come packaged in the boxes.

I shoot 124gr Blazer Brass and never noticed a problem. Mine's not loose rounds though so maybe the loose is almost like a factory second.

Sounds pretty par for the course with any loose-in-bag bulk ammo. They always look like shit but usually shoot fine.

I've never had trouble with the Blazer Brass 115gr, but I've never tried the loose-in-bag stuff. I usually buy a case and they come packaged in the boxes.

The ammo i bought wasn't the loose rounds. It came in a box that had 3 smaller boxes of 350 rounds. Each box has the bullets in just the white plastic 50 round holder..

I normally buy bulk from Target Sports but the Natchez box was a great deal..

I'm looking to see if anyone has bought the same 1050 non loose rounds i bought with the apparent brass casing discoloration/corrosion to see if it was reliable or not.

I too don't care about looks but the casing discoloration concerns me.

The ammo i bought wasn't the loose rounds. It came in a box that had 3 smaller boxes of 350 rounds. Each box has the bullets in just the white plastic 50 round holder..

I normally buy bulk from Target Sports but the Natchez box was a great deal..

I'm looking to see if anyone has bought the same 1050 non loose rounds i bought with the apparent brass casing discoloration/corrosion to see if it was reliable or not.

I too don't care about looks but the casing discoloration concerns me.

Oh... Yeah that's not normal for boxed stuff. Pics?

Throw a box or two into a tumbler with walnut shell...

I shoot 124gr Blazer Brass and never noticed a problem. Mine's not loose rounds though so maybe the loose is almost like a factory second.
Same. Maybe thats how they get rid of stuff that has issues but is still safe to shoot? OP, what was the price per round compared to the regular 1000 round case price?

My last batch of Blazer was 1000 case packed in 50 round boxes. It looked liked used range brass that wasn't washed/tumbled.

Back
Top Bottom