• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nashville liquor store owner, 88, explains why she shot alleged shoplifter: 'I'm fed up'

Reptile

NES Member
Nashville liquor store owner May Boyce, an 88-year-old widow who stands 5-foot-3 and weighs 115 pounds, according to reports, got “fed up” of her store being robbed so she shot an alleged shoplifter.

She told police she grabbed her late mother Mary’s .38 Smith & Wesson snub-nose revolver and shot a suspect who was trying to steal alcohol last Tuesday, according to an affidavit obtained by McClatchy News Service.

“I did what I had to do, and I hope word gets out on the street that I’m fed up and I’m not taking it anymore,” she told The New York Post Saturday. “You’ve got to stick up for yourself sometimes.”

“I did what I had to do,” added Boyce, now out on $10,000 bond. “After you’ve been played for a fool by people stealin’ from you for years, you get fed up. And don’t put me in the category of a little old lady. I know how to take care of myself.”

yup. but shooting him in the back isn't going to play out too well for her. Cops can't even get away with shooting people in the back anymore.

She's said too much. All you say is nothing more than "I was in fear for my life"; nothing about mad, nothing about fed up, nothing about getting even.

Hold the phone, "not guilty" has two meanings around here....
Even old hens love the
rooster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom