xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I would sell my house eat whatever loss and move f*** that and f*** them buncha d*** bags
Nah, they'll set the increase at a level designed to be just beneath the average person's "f*** it I'm leaving" threshold. Someone with a $300k house isn't moving over a $700 annual bill that's part of their regularly scheduled property taxes.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nah, they'll set the increase at a level designed to be just beneath the average person's "f*** it I'm leaving" threshold. Someone with a $300k house isn't moving over a $700 annual bill that's part of their regularly scheduled property taxes.
That's 700 added to the current tax.

You'd be surprised at what someone would move over. This shows that the government is going to tax the property holders to support everyone else. My property taxes are paid from my AFTER TAX income. That is, I earn a wage, that wage is taxed on a federal and state level, then I have to pay property taxes from the money that's left over after my income taxes have been taken out.

One of the reasons that I left Connecticut was the "personal property taxes" that I was paying every year on my vehicles. The money's part of it, but the principle is more important. I'm already paying taxes on everything I earn - you want to tax me on things that I own? Things that I paid for out of the money left over after you taxed me?

Yeah - I recognize that property taxes support the infrastructure - and I'm okay with a reasonable tax because I use/want the infrastructure. But "reasonable" is an interesting word. 34% increase isn't reasonable in my view.

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yup, coming to a town near you. Yes we have Prop 2 1/2. But we also have excise taxes, income taxes, sales tax, gas tax, license fees (tax), tolls (tax), liquor tax, etc. I mentioned this to my wife a couple of weeks ago. The forced shut down of the economy is going to be very costly to local, state and federal governments because their tax revenues will get crushed. It's coming and there is no way to stop it. If there is one thing that our government is authorized to do pretty much at will is tax us. They will get their money. Massachusetts will be one of the ones to get hit the hardest, and you can quote me on that.

Junior314

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Gotta love it.

Cutting spending is never an option to these .gov clowns. And the balls to vote to give everyone in the public sector a raise.

Only in government is it logical to say well everyone we are supposed to “serve” are experiencing economic hardships so the right thing to do is take more out of their pockets.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have been living in the Nashville area (would never live in the actual city) for about six years now and had been following the increase. Nashville like all cities is run horribly and has a pretty substantial debt unlike the actual state of TN which had one of the largest surplus per citizen or did before the COVID nonsense and is financially one of the most sound states. Nashville spent a lot of money on unavoidable things like new/improved infrastructure to deal with the rapid growth, but they also spent a lot of money on non-essential stuff like a new major league soccer stadium and convention center. They were/are slower to open (D's gonna D) than pretty much every other part of the state and the metro area has been hit harder by COVID revenue losses than every other metro area in the whole country because the economy is way reliant on tourism.

A 34% increase sounds crazy, but the city/county hasn't raised their property taxes in a really long time and even with the raise are still lower than Memphis/Knoxville and pretty much every other city in the state. TN just has stupid low property taxes in general. The county with the highest tax rate is Williamson which is probably the most desirable county in the state and they only pay 0.68%. The lowest county in the state pays .5%. For a comparison every county in MA pays over 1%. Plus we pay no state income tax on earnings. We do get hammered by an almost 10% sales tax though. If you move to TN it is the same advice for any state, just stay away from any of the major cities.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yup, coming to a town near you. Yes we have Prop 2 1/2. But we also have excise taxes, income taxes, sales tax, gas tax, license fees (tax), tolls (tax), liquor tax, etc. I mentioned this to my wife a couple of weeks ago. The forced shut down of the economy is going to be very costly to local, state and federal governments because their tax revenues will get crushed. It's coming and there is no way to stop it. If there is one thing that our government is authorized to do pretty much at will is tax us. They will get their money. Massachusetts will be one of the ones to get hit the hardest, and you can quote me on that.
And the Karen's will be the ones screaming on the FB groups.

Since everyone can vote, I think everyone should be charged property tax. If you rent, you should get charged property tax and the landlord should get a tax credit. All the landlord has to do is prove that X house is rented for Y and the govt deducts the taxes he paid. If you are renting, you should be asked to file paperwork with the town you rent at so you can get a tax bill and they check that when you do your taxes. The landlord should also have to file a form saying his property is rented so the town can reconcile the records and make sure the tenant is bot playing stupid.

I think that would be fair.

You will see how quickly people stop voting for these as*holes.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
And the Karen's will be the ones screaming on the FB groups.

Since everyone can vote, I think everyone should be charged property tax. If you rent, you should get charged property tax and the landlord should get a tax credit. All the landlord has to do is prove that X house is rented for Y and the govt deducts the taxes he paid. If you are renting, you should be asked to file paperwork with the town you rent at so you can get a tax bill and they check that when you do your taxes. The landlord should also have to file a form saying his property is rented so the town can reconcile the records and make sure the tenant is bot playing stupid.

I think that would be fair.

You will see how quickly people stop voting for these as*holes.

I'm sorry. I was looking at your avatar; did you say something?

Rye

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most MA towns will see about a 2-2.5% increase annually even without large expenditures. Increases in cost of schooling and health insurance for town workers...police, fire and muni.

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
THANK GOD FOR PROP 2 1/2 IN MASS
When they can't get that 2.6% they want, they just do an assessment and suddenly everyone's house is suddenly worth more and we didn't need a huge tax rate increase after all.

I, for one, am doing my part to keep property values as low as possible. And it's caught on with some of my neighbors.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
That's 700 added to the current tax.

You'd be surprised at what someone would move over. This shows that the government is going to tax the property holders to support everyone else. My property taxes are paid from my AFTER TAX income. That is, I earn a wage, that wage is taxed on a federal and state level, then I have to pay property taxes from the money that's left over after my income taxes have been taken out.

One of the reasons that I left Connecticut was the "personal property taxes" that I was paying every year on my vehicles. The money's part of it, but the principle is more important. I'm already paying taxes on everything I earn - you want to tax me on things that I own? Things that I paid for out of the money left over after you taxed me?

Yeah - I recognize that property taxes support the infrastructure - and I'm okay with a reasonable tax because I use/want the infrastructure. But "reasonable" is an interesting word. 34% increase isn't reasonable in my view.
Nailed it... There's principle involved and fine say I can't move will i get that back next year when you balance your budget... I. Sincerely doubt it

looser38

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My guess is, this is the beginning of the taxpayers paying for all the destruction that's been going on?
Being a homeowner for 26+ years, I'm well aware that taxes never really go down, but jfc, 34%, wtf?

Top Bottom