• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nashua: Two Injured In Gun Cleaning Accident

Says the hospital called the police. OK....so both guys come in....State it was an accident and the police still have to get involved? Why? If the dudes came in with injuries from an accident like.....For example......His gas grill blew up cuz he left the lid down with the gas on too long and lit it......Would the PO PO be called? Let me guess.....They called the cops "cuz gun".

I'm not defending these two....They are still ****ing dumb. Just pointing out the obvious ggggggun scare with the hospital.

I used to play tournament paintball about 7 or 8 years ago. I was taking mine apart to clean after a practice one time and in doing so cut my hand on the frame that needed stitches.

They asked what was wrong and here is how it went.

Me: "cleaning a paintball marker, cut my hand, need stitches"

Them: "a marker?"

Me: "yeah a paintball marker. A paintball gun that shoots paintballs in a game"

Them: "so you were cleaning your gun, and shot yourself?"

Me: "no I was taking my marker apart and I cut myself on the frame"

Them: "so you were cleaning your gun and it was loaded?"

This went on for 10 minutes. They took no interest that it was not a gun, it was not loaded, and I didn't shoot myself. I also had to convince them that they didn't need to report it.

To top it off, they used glue to put me back together and the ER doc glued himself to my hand. Nothing like fixing a gaping hole in your hand only to have them pull it apart again.

I used to play tournament paintball about 7 or 8 years ago. I was taking mine apart to clean after a practice one time and in doing so cut my hand on the frame that needed stitches.

This went on for 10 minutes. They took no interest that it was not a gun, it was not loaded, and I didn't shoot myself. I also had to convince them that they didn't need to report it.

To top it off, they used glue to put me back together and the ER doc glued himself to my hand. Nothing like fixing a gaping hole in your hand only to have them pull it apart again.

Omg it was a ggggun! Should have just told them you cut yourself slicing a bagel [rofl]. Outs there in no time no questions asked.

Because with gun accidents or negligence someone needs to be charged right?

So if I'm an ass hat and hurt myself doing something dumb with a gun I HAVE to be charged.....But not with a chainsaw or lawn mower?

- - - Updated - - -

The hospital is covering their butt. What if the guy later changes his story and says his friend shot him after an argument? Still doesn't say much for the guy sitting next to him, does it? Perhaps one distracted the other. How many times does one check? One more than those guys did, evidently.

I know the hospital is covering their ass. I'm questioning the law that makes them report accidental GSW but not an accidental anything else.

So they report gunshot wounds but not knife wounds? Just trying to get this straight.

It depends upon the wound. If you cut yourself while cooking, they aren't going to report that. If you show up at the ER with a stab wound to your stomach, I'm sure they are going to report it.

It depends upon the wound. If you cut yourself while cooking, they aren't going to report that. If you show up at the ER with a stab wound to your stomach, I'm sure they are going to report it.

Again for post 20

Again for post 20

I read post 20. So what?

In general, if you go into an ER with a stab wound and tell the docs that someone stabbed you, they most likely are going to call the police. If you go into the ER with a minor cut and tell them that you accidentally cut yourself, then they most likely aren't going to call the police.

- - - Updated - - -

How does this happen? I rack my gun thirty damn times before a I sit down to clean it.

Because people do stupid things. Sometimes they are just morons. Sometimes they are drunk. Sometimes they are distracted. Sometimes they just screw up.

I read post 20. So what?

In general, if you go into an ER with a stab wound and tell the docs that someone stabbed you, they most likely are going to call the police. If you go into the ER with a minor cut and tell them that you accidentally cut yourself, then they most likely aren't going to call the police.

- - - Updated - - -

Because people do stupid things. Sometimes they are just morons. Sometimes they are drunk. Sometimes they are distracted. Sometimes they just screw up.

My point......If you go to the ER for example missing a piece of your finger cuz you were dumb and discharged your gun being an idiot the police are called.....Automatically. If you lie and tell em it happens being a dumbass with fire crackers you are probably not going to see the police. I'm asking why.

Really? See post 20. And I have gone to the hospital multiple times needing stitches and the police were never called. Was I lying about how I got cut? Did I get slashed in a fight and lie? Who knows right.

My point is why is it always worse cuz gun. When in fact guns are tools. Knives are tools. Chainsaws are tools. Why is there an assumption that an accidental injury with a gun is somehow worse.

Yes, really, we have units dispatched to the hospital for stabbing victims frequently. And gunshot victims.

Yes, really, we have units dispatched to the hospital for stabbing victims frequently. And gunshot victims.

OK so you get dispatched frequently for a knife wound where the person that walks in claims he cut himself by accident? How many of those turn out to be that the person did accidentally cut themselves? Serious question.

I woulda been like thank you for my 20k malpractice check dickhead

I'm still laughing about the "Consigliere" part.

The rest of this is just a pissing match, of course with all the obligatory cut and pastings of laws etc.

Typical.

That's a little rough. I'm asking serious questions here to get information. Right? The NRA and millions of gun owners have made the battle cry for decades (and rightfully so) that many many more people are murdered or attacked with knives than guns annually and gun grabbers always go after the guns. So why does the law state hospitals only have to call the police for a gun shot wound? I'm pointing out inconsistencies is all.

You sure went off the deep end with that comment. Sorry someone pissed in your oatmeal this morning "consigliere".

You are very sensitive.

Have you ever gone to the hospital with an injury?

Really? See post 20. And I have gone to the hospital multiple times needing stitches and the police were never called. Was I lying about how I got cut? Did I get slashed in a fight and lie? Who knows right.

My point is why is it always worse cuz gun. When in fact guns are tools. Knives are tools. Chainsaws are tools. Why is there an assumption that an accidental injury with a gun is somehow worse.

I would suggest not using sharp tools anymore if you keep getting cut. To answer the question you asked a million times, which you already know the answer too, guns are bad and scary. Knives are bad sometimes. Asking why is pointless. Its just the way it is and its unlikely going to change.

OK so you get dispatched frequently for a knife wound where the person that walks in claims he cut himself by accident? How many of those turn out to be that the person did accidentally cut themselves? Serious question.

I said we get dispatched for stabbing victims, several times. I have never hear a call to out for an accidental cut. I get the point you are trying to make, but it seems you are so wrapped up in making that point you are not really paying attention to what other posters are writing here.

Basically if the hospital thinks there may be a crime involved they call us. Believe it or not sometimes people lie regarding how they got injured, whether it is a gun or knife or whatever involved. They typically lie if they were doing something they shouldn't have been doing. Majority of gun injuries are not self inflicted from what I have seen. Evidenced by the fact I have dealt with many gunshot victims and none of them were accidental or a negligent discharge. I think the hospital is just covering themselves when they notify police.

I don't know for sure, but I would reasonably assume the hospital deals with many more accidental cuts than accidental gunshots, thus making someone's story about accidentally cutting themselves more reasonable than an accidental gunshot.

I would suggest not using sharp tools anymore if you keep getting cut. To answer the question you asked a million times, which you already know the answer too, guns are bad and scary. Knives are bad sometimes. Asking why is pointless. Its just the way it is and its unlikely going to change.

When u do tree work for a living you tend to get cut alot. It's a hazard of the job.

- - - Updated - - -

You are very sensitive.

Have you ever gone to the hospital with an injury?

Yes.

... Basically if the hospital thinks there may be a crime involved they call us. ...

And beyond that, they've literally seen everything.

Unless the doc happens to be a newb he'll know immediately if the issue was violence, accident, alcohol or sexual misadventure.

And if he is, the nurse that HAS seen it all will clue him in.

Unless the doc happens to be a newb he'll know immediately if the issue was violence, accident, alcohol or sexual misadventure.
Loads of people who show up at the ER who slipped in the shower and fell on something that went up their rectum. I spoke to a doc at a match who told me his technique was to open up the abdomen and squeeze the intestine/rectum from inside to push the item out, that way he does not have to open the intestine.

State it was an accident and the police still have to get involved?
I know a parole officer who shot himself in the leg while holstering. The state police demanded he turn in the bullet, gun (personal), holster and clothes he was wearing for analysis. They were eventually returned with a report that foresensics determined the injury and damage to clothing was consistent with the accident as reported.

lassic passive construction. "...it discharged." No it didn't. The gun doesn't do anything on its own.
Reminds of of classic HR outplacement bullshit - "Never say you were laid off, say the company had a layoff".

"Gun cleaning" has got to be the universal catch-all when someone screws up. Open a bottle of hoppes and set out a rag before the ambulance arrives and you have your story.

Last edited:
Loads of people who show up at the ER who slipped in the shower and fell on something that went up their rectum. I spoke to a doc at a match who told me his technique was to open up the abdomen and squeeze the intestine/rectum from inside to push the item out, that way he does not have to open the intestine.

So, they're still using the "I slipped in the shower" excuse when something gets rammed up their rectum? [laugh]

So, they're still using the "I slipped in the shower" excuse when something gets rammed up their rectum? [laugh]

"It was a million-to-one shot"

o-JERRY-STILLER-SEINFELD-570.jpg

Back
Top Bottom