• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nashua: Two Injured In Gun Cleaning Accident

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Police: Two men injured during gun cleaning

NASHUA - Two men suffered gunshot wounds to the lower part of their bodies after one of them fired a gun at his residence, which was reported as an accident, police said.

Police learned of the shooting about 11:45 a.m. Saturday when a local hospital called.

One of the men was cleaning his gun and it discharged, striking him and a man seated next to him, police said. Both were in stable condition.

http://www.unionleader.com/Police:-Gun-cleaning-injures-2

The headline should read "Dumbass and his friend injured while doing something stupid"

No mention of their ages or if alcohol was involved.

People like this should own Glocks, because R. Lee Ermey himself told me you never have to clean them.

[laugh]

Last edited:
Yet another reason why I do not clean a gun until it jams. Think of the lives I have saved...

It's probably been said millions of times. Muscle memory. Check. Check again. Then check. Check a few more times. When you are absolutely sure there is no ammo IN or even near the gun. Check a couple more times again. Lucky to just be injured.

Says the hospital called the police. OK....so both guys come in....State it was an accident and the police still have to get involved? Why? If the dudes came in with injuries from an accident like.....For example......His gas grill blew up cuz he left the lid down with the gas on too long and lit it......Would the PO PO be called? Let me guess.....They called the cops "cuz gun".

I'm not defending these two....They are still ****ing dumb. Just pointing out the obvious ggggggun scare with the hospital.

Because the story of the accident could be made up?
because they could be shot by a stranger during an argument? Made up the story to cover that?
maybe they wouldn't call the police if it was a grill accident but if they bounced in each other's car (car accident) I bet the police would still be called to investigate the accident.

Because the story of the accident could be made up?
because they could be shot by a stranger during an argument? Made up the story to cover that?
maybe they wouldn't call the police if it was a grill accident but if they bounced in each other's car (car accident) I bet the police would still be called to investigate the accident.

What if I came in alone and shot myself in the hand? Should the PO PO be summoned? What if the wound to my hand was a knife wound that I state I cut myself washing dishes and there was a knife in the sink? See what I'm getting at? Cuz gun it's different. Why?

Because hospitals don't conduct investigations, they report all gunshot wounds to the popo. Popo, on the other hand, don't triage and treat the wounded, they send them to a hospital. Looks simple to me.

Something bout sponsobility

Not sure what your saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Because hospitals don't conduct investigations, they report all gunshot wounds to the popo. Popo, on the other hand, don't triage and treat the wounded, they send them to a hospital. Looks simple to me.

So they report gunshot wounds but not knife wounds? Just trying to get this straight.

What if I came in alone and shot myself in the hand? Should the PO PO be summoned? What if the wound to my hand was a knife wound that I state I cut myself washing dishes and there was a knife in the sink? See what I'm getting at? Cuz gun it's different. Why?

new hampshire has a law on the books saying anyone who treats a gun shot wound, and they believe it to be acquired by criminal activity, needs to report it to police. i'm gonna guess it's easier to report all gsw's than spend time deciding fact from fiction. i'm also gonna guess that is procedure in most any state so the moral of the story is if you get shot, stay away from the hospitals.

Not sure what your saying.

- - - Updated - - -

So they report gunshot wounds but not knife wounds? Just trying to get this straight.

NH Rev Stat § 631:6 (2015) requires that anyone who treats a gunshot wound (or any other injury he believes to have been caused by a criminal act) notify law enforcement.
I was beginning to wonder if anyone else knew that hospital's are required to report gunshot wounds.

Doesn''t anyone watch tv anymore? Law And Order 101

sent from my chimney using smoke signals

One of the men was cleaning his gun and it discharged, striking him and a man seated next to him, police said. Both were in stable condition.

Classic passive construction. "...it discharged." No it didn't. The gun doesn't do anything on its own.

How about this:

One of the men was cleaning his gun, and unintentionally pulled the trigger with a round in the chamber, causing it to fire, striking him and a man seated next to him

Try it and see.

That's a little rough. I'm asking serious questions here to get information. Right? The NRA and millions of gun owners have made the battle cry for decades (and rightfully so) that many many more people are murdered or attacked with knives than guns annually and gun grabbers always go after the guns. So why does the law state hospitals only have to call the police for a gun shot wound? I'm pointing out inconsistencies is all.

You sure went off the deep end with that comment. Sorry someone pissed in your oatmeal this morning "consigliere".

Try it and see.

I've had two knife cuts stitched. One was self-inflicted, a slash across my stomach, (NEVER cut towards self with razor when opening a package, dumbass). I still have a faint scar from the other one on my left forearm from missing a block when some ******* tried to stab me in a bar in Bridgeport. I didn't even see the knife. Anyhow, the police weren't called in either case.

I've had two knife cuts stitched. One was self-inflicted, a slash across my stomach, (NEVER cut towards self with razor when opening a package, dumbass). I still have a faint scar from the other one on my left forearm from missing a block when some ******* tried to stab me in a bar in Bridgeport. I didn't even see the knife. Anyhow, the police weren't called in either case.

Thanks for the Intel!

Mr. "consigleire"......This was all I was trying to point out. This guy was actually stabbed in a crime with a knife and no popo.

That's a little rough. I'm asking serious questions here to get information. Right? The NRA and millions of gun owners have made the battle cry for decades (and rightfully so) that many many more people are murdered or attacked with knives than guns annually and gun grabbers always go after the guns. So why does the law state hospitals only have to call the police for a gun shot wound? I'm pointing out inconsistencies is all.

You sure went off the deep end with that comment. Sorry someone pissed in your oatmeal this morning "consigliere".

Officers get sent to the hospital for any stabbing victims that come into a hospital as well.

631:6 Failure to Report Injuries. –
I. Except as provided in paragraph II, a person is guilty of a misdemeanor if, having knowingly treated or assisted another for a gunshot wound or for ANY OTHER INJURY he believes to have been CAUSED BY A CRIMINAL ACT, he fails immediately to notify a law enforcement official of all the information he possesses concerning the injury. I'm betting in todays litigious society no ER personall bothers to sort out the details and just pick up a phone.

Last edited:

I would imagine a knife attack in Bridgeport isn't exactly news!

Officers get sent to the hospital for any stabbing victims that come into a hospital as well.

Really? See post 20. And I have gone to the hospital multiple times needing stitches and the police were never called. Was I lying about how I got cut? Did I get slashed in a fight and lie? Who knows right.

My point is why is it always worse cuz gun. When in fact guns are tools. Knives are tools. Chainsaws are tools. Why is there an assumption that an accidental injury with a gun is somehow worse.

Last edited:
You should see the defense this guy's mother is mounting for him on FB. "It was an accident." "He's .mil, so he knows what he's doing."

Needless to say, she was getting hammered in the comments

The hospital is covering their butt. What if the guy later changes his story and says his friend shot him after an argument? Still doesn't say much for the guy sitting next to him, does it? Perhaps one distracted the other. How many times does one check? One more than those guys did, evidently.

Back
Top Bottom