• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nashua nh area ranges HELP

To start off I have always lurked on the site for gun laws and gun info when ever I needed help but finally decided to join...
I just moved to Nashua nh from ma and looking for a club to join. now that I am allowed to own a better assortment of firearms. I have been going to granite state shooting range in Hudson and Merrimack firing range. I would realy like to join a range where I can use my rifles close to home.

I did just see horse pond fish and game is accepting memberships anyone know if their a good range? I'm realy not picky just want a place to use the range Im not into the politics or looking to get involved in anything else unless I need to... Possible a place with a bar that I could stop in on a Fri night after work with a good group of guys

- - - Updated - - -

The one thing I never understand is that you need a member to sponsor you to join. How would I go about getting a sponsor when I know no one in this area or who is a member at the range

I do always hear how alot of clubs are looking for younger members so I do have that in my favor I'm 26. BuBut I'm just looking for a place that I can bring my girlfriend and try to get her to enjoy shooting as much as me. And also to brings friend to try and teach them the fundamentals and to respect them. I fell like the new generation is becoming more afraid of firearms

Nashua Fish and Game (technically in Merrimack I think, not sure if they're accepting new members)

Pelham Fish and Game in Pelham (might be a bit easier to join)

I'm not a member of either club but I shoot at both pretty regularly. Both seem like great clubs, at least from a non-member perspective.

from Nashu f&g website

!! NOTE !!

Our membership roles are currently full and we are no longer accepting applications for membership.

If you would like to be put on our membership waiting list please send your name and email address to the membership governor using the email form below.

Horse pond fish and game is a good club I have been a member for a few years. They have a nice 100 yard range for rifle and a few handgun stations.

The range is for the members so there is a strict no guest policy only family. Ray the club president will sometimes sponser people so if you are intrested send him an e-mail.

How did you guys make out? I recently moved to Merrimack and am looking for a new range.

i tried couple of clubs in the area but hard to get in and too expensive. Ouch!

moreover one of them closer one was full of fudds and old farts, to whom main focus is not shooting but rather sitting and watching TV in the club house. during the interview they stressed to me multiple times that this is a not just a shooting range, this is 'THE CLUB', where you need to be every weekend and possibly weekday to kiss management asses, help old farts put up target stands, sweep their club house floor and otherwise participate in the marinade of non-shooting related activities. they seemed to imagined themselves as being an upscale 'country club' besides the "upscale' part. I left interview with a bad taste in my mouth and i said '**** that shit'. BTW it was a club in Merrimack right off the Continental blvd. other club was just plain too expensive and not as convenient to get to.

i ended up signing up to MRGCI. it's 40 minute drive for me, but it's cheap, nobody gets in my business, no club membership-body bullshit, no mandatory multiple work party bullshit or any other kind of bullshit for that matter. facilities are very adequate (albeit not too refined) and members are not nosy. no RO bullshit or CCTV cams bullshit either. only downside is a longer drive but it helps me save my ammo :) by not going too often or shooting too much. lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom