Nashua F&G or Pelham F&G?

Hi,

I'm new to the shooting scene, am 35 and live in Nashua. I was wondering if any of you could tell me which club you would recommend out of Pelham F&G or Nashua F&G?

I'm mainly interested in Pistol shooting, but am also looking at Trap and/or Skeet shooting.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Great, thanks for the help. It does look like a pretty good club. I hope my "novice" status doesn't scare them off. I'm due to take an NRA course next week, so maybe that'll help.

You do need a sponsor. Just go to the next membership meeting and introduce yourself to someone. They'll sponsor you.

I'm a member, but have not been able to get there yet this year. [sad2]

Everyone is very friendly. I had never shpt trap/skeet when I joined. I just showed up and watched a round first, then began shooting with them.

I used to go to Nashua several years ago. I will not go there any more. A lot of bad politics and jerks. A large number of ex-Nashua members are now Pelham members.

A good chance to meet folks will be tomorrow at the IDPA Classifier match. Go and introduce yourself to Paul D and I am sure he will tell you about both clubs.

Regards,

I joined Pelham a couple of years ago for the Cowboy Shooting. Also took the Garand clinic. They seem to have a very wide variety of things to do incl CAS, archerty, Trap/skeet, Garand, Carbine, IDPA, bullseye, etc. The joining process was pretty straightforward & painless. Very good orientation. The action ranges are great for informal plinking, etc. Friendly people.

I live around the corner from Nashua but never looked at them after seeing Pelham and going that route.

Shoot safe,

Sabino Bob

Last edited:
Yes. I think I'm going to send off an application to them. I'm also looking at Wilson Hill club. It's very small, but has an indoor range that looks like it's accessible most of the time. Thanks for the info. I also want to get involved with IDPA, and Pelham sounds like a good choice in that regards.

Back
Top Bottom