Narragansett Application

Just wondering as I own a house in Narragansett has anybody had any experience with the application process in Narragansett? The application requirements look like they copy the AGs office in that you have to state your reason for needing to carry all the time.

Although if you are not a prohibited person that should be reason enough. Anybody have any specific experience with this town?

I know the Chief has been sued once for not having an application so I would think that he doesn't want to get sued again. I also believed he testified at the State House that he had issued at least one permit.

He claims to have issued permits:
http://rifol.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=243&p=11997#p11997

What did he say in the email exchange?
Even if he had not issued permits, it should not prevent anyone from applying since the law is the same and if you meet the statutory requirements he has to issue a permit.

He was prompt in his reply and stated that a permit could be had by either the AGs office or could be picked up at the police station. Also he said he would get the link fixed by last Monday. It is not fixed yet in the Forms and Permits section but I doubt he is the IT guy as well. I will go forward with the process and see how far I get. In the mean time I am headed up to Great Swamp today to put some holes in paper.

What link is broken, I was able to get the application in the link above?
It seems like they are getting with the program with their latest application, and although there is a lot un-necessary information (from the AG application) at least they spell out what the 3 requirements are. I see that the latest date is shortly after the Gadomski decision and I have heard that the AG contacted the licensing authorities and told them to follow the law..

What link is broken, I was able to get the application in the link above?
It seems like they are getting with the program with their latest application, and although there is a lot un-necessary information (from the AG application) at least they spell out what the 3 requirements are. I see that the latest date is shortly after the Gadomski decision and I have heard that the AG contacted the licensing authorities and told them to follow the law..

Here is the Forms/Permits page. The link does not bring you anywhere. I found the application package when I used the sights search function.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ccwformlnk.jpg
    ccwformlnk.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom