• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Name that line

Not a clue about the "Bovine Scatology" line. [BTW, what famous person introduced that particularism euphamism into popular usage and when?]

I'll through out another one, though. My brother just sent a movie clip of this one to me. The whole exchange is more than worth it.

"It's worse than horrible because a zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around with dead eyes, following orders, not knowing what they do, not caring."

Ken

I wondered where anyone would get that last one I posted. It's from a less well-known Bob Hope movie called "The Ghost Breakers" (1940). The only reason I posted it is for the punch line of the scene. You can listen to it here if you want.

Geoff (Richard Carlson): "When a person dies and is buried, it seems there's certain voodoo priests who have the power to bring him back to life."
Mary (Paulette Goddard): "How horrible."
Geoff: "It's worse than horrible because a zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around with dead eyes, following orders, not knowing what they do, not caring."
Larry (Bob Hope): "You mean like Democrats?"

Ken

Well, I don't remember who Christian Slater is (I really don't pay attention to the names of actors very much), but between you and Ken, you got it. John Travolta in Broken Arrow.

Rosss

Lynne said:
Did you see Robin Hood with Kevin Costner, Ross? Christian Slater turned out to be his 1/2 brother.

I suffered through it once. I remember very little of it. Thankfully. Sorry, Kevin Costner only manages to sell movies because you women like watching his b*** or something... it sure isn't because of his acting ability.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:
Did you see Robin Hood with Kevin Costner, Ross? Christian Slater turned out to be his 1/2 brother.

I suffered through it once. I remember very little of it. Thankfully. Sorry, Kevin Costner only manages to sell movies because you women like watching his b*** or something... it sure isn't because of his acting ability.

Ross

[lol] [lol] Only movie I could think of that I knew C.S. was in and could tell you who he was.

Here's a twist to the last name that line, name that scene (from Broken Arrow).

"That was a first for me too!".

One of the funneir bits in the movie. That's when he shoots one of Travolta's accomplices from between Samantha Mathis' legs. (Why the hell do I remember this crap???)

Ken

KMaurer said:
One of the funneir bits in the movie. That's when he shoots one of Travolta's accomplices from between Samantha Mathis' legs. (Why the hell do I remember this crap???)

Ken

Ken, I don't know you, but you are a man- so the whole "between Samantha Mathis' legs" thing may be a tip off... [twisted] [wink]

(Hope that's not too risque- if so, feel free to edit Mods!)

Back
Top Bottom