• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

nagant revolver

thinking ahead to when i turn 21 and get my C&R+LTC i would really like to get a nagant revolver, what distributors are selling them and how are the prices?

thanks

Last edited:
The only problem with nagant revolvers is from what I hear ammunition is hard to come by, but you could always put in a 32 cylinder. I am hoping to get a nagant revolver next year.

One question, is trigger pull really as bad as they say ?

The only problem with nagant revolvers is from what I hear ammunition is hard to come by, but you could always put in a 32 cylinder. I am hoping to get a nagant revolver next year.

One question, is trigger pull really as bad as they say ?

Double-action: Yes. It's easily the heaviest I've encountered.

Single-action: Not too bad for a military revolver.

Ammo is available... sort of. The Soviet target ammo I've tried was quite underpowered... fine for paper, I guess, but it produces an underwhelming "pop" which at first made me check for a squib load. I understand that the new-manufacture Prvi Partizan "Hotshot" and the Fiocchi rounds are also based on this target load (and I've read that the Fiocchi load is even lighter than the Soviet one). I'd love to find real surplus military ammo to see what firing the Nagant was really like, but I've never seen it and understand that what's out there is strictly collectible.

I've never tried it with any other round, but folks swear it digests the .32 S&W and Magnum rounds just fine. YMMV.

Despite the above, I've never regretted buying one. They're cheap, historically significant, and have a really unique design.

Double action pull is absolutely horrendous.

It's definitely interesting to have and a unique design, though.

right1%20800x517.jpg

left1%20800x521.jpg

I haven't shot mine yet but I do have the .32 cylinder.

It's really a unique pistol in it's function and design.

I got it locally.

The place I was thinking of raised them to over $60 as well (I was talking about the cylinder, not the revolver)

I have a '32 Tula (or is it '23?) and it's awful as a shooter, but a cool paperweight.

I picked one up because it was so cheap, put one box of the hotshot ammo through it, and it's been sitting in my safe ever since. I like my Webley much better...

I picked one up because it was so cheap, put one box of the hotshot ammo through it, and it's been sitting in my safe ever since. I like my Webley much better...

If its a VG condition Tula and you want to get rid of it... PM me and maybe I can take it off your hands for what you paid for it.

If its a VG condition Tula and you want to get rid of it... PM me and maybe I can take it off your hands for what you paid for it.

Thanks, Ray. It's a '36 Tula from CAI with a bit of wear on the edges but in overall great shape. But it was so cheap (I think I paid $69 for it) I'm happy enough to let it be a safe queen for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom