n.h non resident permit

i have an ltc-a with restrictions for target and hunting. could someone please tell me what the procedure is,togo about receiving a permit in N.H. AND exactly what it allows. thank you

Last edited:
It allows you to carry concealed on your person, and to keep a loaded gun in your vehicle.

And Steve, before you ask, the only reason it allows just those two things is because you don't need a .gov permission slip to own and use guns, nor to transport unloaded guns in NH.

You should get the license in about a month after filling out a one page form that LeMans linked for you and there is no such thing as bullshit restrictions like you and I currently have.

i sent my application out on a friday and recieved my card the next saturday. 8 DAYS NH RULES

You should get the license in about a month after filling out a one page form that LeMans linked for you.
Technically, state law requires they process all permit applications (resident or NR) within 14 calendar days of receiving your application. Reality is that they usually turn them around even more quickly than that, I think the state likes the $95 profit they make on each application :)

The official website states the following:
NHSP said:
Applications are processed within 14 days of receipt. If the application is denied, the applicant will receive written notification of the reason for such denial. If you have not received a response after three weeks, please feel free to call us at (603) 223-3873.

The first time I applies for my NH permit, the application wasn't available on-line (OK, there wasn't a hell of a lot of anything available on-line). I phoned them to ask for the application and received it in the mail the next day. I took a couple of days before I returned it, but still managed to receive my permit exactly 8 days after phoning them. Outstanding service and a great attitude from everybody I ever dealt with there.

Ken

A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more of these
reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) you make application to carry a pistol in New
Hampshire.
Whats with this section? is one better than the other or should both reasons be used?

Whats with this section? is one better than the other or should both reasons be used?

Yeah, that section is confusing. Neither one is better than the other, and while the form seems to suggest listing both, I think most people just write "ALL PROPER PURPOSES".

Back
Top Bottom