N/D Of The Week

Do I detect someone who actually thinks the Founders thought the commerce clause allows government to control your every whim?

I'm only commenting on your specific statement. You're putting words in my mouth, I haven't comment on the commerce clause either way.

BTW I responded to you comment about a car, you changed that to mean traveling, which I haven't commented on. Last time I checked there was more than one way to travel. So one does not equal the other.

But let's get back on the topic of how irresponsible sh@theads cause problems for responsible gun owners. I just can't understand the thought process that ends with "I'm going to play with, or even carry, my gun while I get drunk and high". Let alone handing it to someone else. I was asked recently, by someone I trusted, in a relatively private setting, if they could take a look at my carry. We had been talking guns and the aspects of what made a good ccw. I simply said no. My position is, a ccw is there for a reason, it's not there for show and tell. It stays CC unless it is needed. Thankfully, so far, it hasn't been needed. If we were at a range shooting it would be different, so the specific situation is relevant.

Well to the point of handing your firearm to someone, I would never hand my gun to someone I wasn't familiar with. If I was familiar but uncertain of their firearms handling, I'd unload it first. There are very few people I know that I would hand a loaded firearm to.

On your point of not carrying while drinking I personally find that ridiculous. If you don't trust yourself holding a gun while drinking, my view on the issue is you shouldn't be drinking because you clearly are aware you have a problem with self control. The object in your hand (or holster) has nothing to do with your k knowledge you make poor decisions while under the influence of something. My follow up question would be do you carry while tired? Becuase being extremely tired is basically the same thing as being drunk from a decision making perspective.

Short response to driving. IMO all forms are travel are rights period. The government should not be allowed to restrict or tax travel in any way. The only laws in place should be in regards to you violating other peoples rights while you travel.

Well to the point of handing your firearm to someone, I would never hand my gun to someone I wasn't familiar with. If I was familiar but uncertain of their firearms handling, I'd unload it first. There are very few people I know that I would hand a loaded firearm to.

On your point of not carrying while drinking I personally find that ridiculous. If you don't trust yourself holding a gun while drinking, my view on the issue is you shouldn't be drinking because you clearly are aware you have a problem with self control. The object in your hand (or holster) has nothing to do with your k knowledge you make poor decisions while under the influence of something. My follow up question would be do you carry while tired? Becuase being extremely tired is basically the same thing as being drunk from a decision making perspective.

Short response to driving. IMO all forms are travel are rights period. The government should not be allowed to restrict or tax travel in any way. The only laws in place should be in regards to you violating other peoples rights while you travel.

Try to pay attention. I clearly said "drunk" as in intoxicated, which is not the same as having a drink. And if you are getting drunk, the concern isn't just you. Being intoxicated slows your responses, can lead to being unconscious or just asleep, and affects your judgement. With all this, even if you do nothing wrong, you are at risk of losing your gun to someone looking to take advantage of the situation. Since the affects of alcohol that I've listed here are indisputable, carrying when you get drunk shows a serious lack of judgement and responsibility. Again, this is DRUNK, not having a drink. And you are correct, in that if you are so tired that you're at risk of becoming unconscious, that you judgement is poor, and someone could take advantage of you. Then yes you should not carry a gun, you should be in bed sleeping. Being out in that condition shows poor judgement.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
View: https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9PvrL_1551474152

Negligent af

Soap and water solution used to flush out bullet hole through hand
"I took apart my 9 mm pistol to clean it about a week ago. After i put it back together, I put a bullet in the chamber to see if cleaning it had made this 'loaded chamber indicator' pin work again, but it didn't. I was taking the bullet out of the gun and my hand that i was using to basically push the slide backwards slipped, and the gun fired into that hand, without pulling the trigger. It was some kind of malfunction. luckily my hand was at an angle and so the bullet didn't hit anything important, just a hole through the muscle. They used this soap and water solution to flush it out at the emergency room. the pictures are what it looked like the day after."

I'd like to know what kind of pistol it was^
The FNS has been shown to have a problem of firing unintentionally under a unique set of circumstances, but it doesn't have a protruding pin type loaded chamber indicator.

2vn32e.jpg

(Ducking to avoid all the Glock owners...)

Travel is a right. As is owning property
We just let the government take those rights away.

Owning property ain’t all is cracked up to be unless your constantly playing flip my house....

Now section 8 housing.... that’s a right... I’m ready to give up and go that way.maybe make some babies.

Policewoman killed by colleague 'playing' with gun
A police officer in Paris died after her colleague shot her in the head, in what police union leader Christophe Crepin called "a tragedy due to a mistake in handling a loaded firearm."

Le Parisien reports that the colleagues were "playing at drawing their weapon" when the officer was fatally shot, and that two other officers were present.
"There are regulations as to the handling of a firearm when the chamber is loaded and these were not followed,"

PSGWSP

Yesterday in Yarmouth:

Yarmouth, MA *Shooting W/Medevac* 481 Buck Island Rd. SVCS RPT Firearm Discharge Believed To Be Accidental. GSW Through Hand. Medflight Req. 2:45pm

It must be a pretty nasty hand wound if they called for Medflight.

NYPost: Upstate cop fleeing rabid fox shoots himself in chest

It's a real Yakety Sax tale, too.
So start the soundtrack here before you surf off
to read the actual newspaper article in another tab.

And that's not even counting the fact that
the victim was evidently carrying the kind of service pistol
that fires deadly boolits when you,
or any other vaguely finger-shaped object,
pulls the trigger.

“You don’t expect anyone would bring a gun around where kids would be. It just doesn’t make any sense,” John Gerrard said.
Actually, I'd think it was the other way around. Attacking all those kids would be a powerful message by any terrorist or attention seeking crazy. This doesn't excuse the actions of the irresponsible idiot.

“You never can tell anywhere you go. It’s like flipping a coin,” said John Gerrard.
Yup, that's pretty much life.

Back
Top Bottom