N/D Of The Week

The ND when cleaning your Glock stories are so retarded. How f***ing hard is it to check the chamber before you take it down?

<raising hand> Retard here. First Glock I had, I wanted to show a friend the internals. I carefully racked the round out of the chamber, pointed it at the berm, pulled the trigger to begin the disassembly and BOOM, (okay, well "bang" - it was a 9mm). Total failure on my fault. YOU HAVE TO DROP THE MAGAZINE BEFORE YOU CLEAR THE ROUND IN THE CHAMBER.

The only thing that kept this from being more than a case of red-faced embarrassment was that I followed the other cardinal rule of never pointing a gun at anything you're not willing to shoot and the gun was pointed straight at the berm even though I "KNEW IT WAS EMPTY" when I pulled the trigger.

<raising hand> Retard here. First Glock I had, I wanted to show a friend the internals. I carefully racked the round out of the chamber, pointed it at the berm, pulled the trigger to begin the disassembly and BOOM, (okay, well "bang" - it was a 9mm). Total failure on my fault. YOU HAVE TO DROP THE MAGAZINE BEFORE YOU CLEAR THE ROUND IN THE CHAMBER.

The only thing that kept this from being more than a case of red-faced embarrassment was that I followed the other cardinal rule of never pointing a gun at anything you're not willing to shoot and the gun was pointed straight at the berm even though I "KNEW IT WAS EMPTY" when I pulled the trigger.

I'll give you 1/2 retard. Not dropping the mag is a noob mistake, and a serious one. But, even though you "knew it was empty" you pointed it at the berm before pulling the trigger. And to me that emphasizes the most important rule, always handle a gun as if it is loaded, even when you "know" it isn't. [thumbsup]

I'll give you 1/2 retard. Not dropping the mag is a noob mistake, and a serious one. But, even though you "knew it was empty" you pointed it at the berm before pulling the trigger. And to me that emphasizes the most important rule, always handle a gun as if it is loaded, even when you "know" it isn't. [thumbsup]

Yup, you get a lot of extra credit for that. At least you followed the safety rules and didn't shoot yourself in the leg like a full retard would've.

Update to the news alert I posted above:

Maine man arrested on drug charges after apparent accidental shooting

May 24, 2018 2:20 pm

A 29-year-old Bath man was taken to Mid Coast Hospital on Wednesday night for treatment of a gunshot wound, and police arrested another man for possession of illegal drugs after an incident on Union Street.
Bath police went to the area of 100 Union St. at 7:19 p.m. and found the 29-year-old man, whose name has not been disclosed, outside with an acquaintance, 22-year-old Anthony Alvarez, according to a release from Bath police Lt. Robert Savary.

Neither man initially cooperated with police or would explain how the older man was shot.

He was taken to Mid Coast Hospital by Bath rescue workers.

Alvarez allegedly became “increasingly uncooperative” with police and a search by police allegedly found him with illegal prescription pills believed to be morphine, Savary said.

He was arrested and charged with Class C felony unlawful possession of Schedule W drugs.

Witnesses allegedly said Alvarez accidentally shot the older man in the leg while handling a handgun inside an apartment. That handgun was reportedly recovered, along with another handgun, both allegedly owned by Alvarez.

17-year-old hospitalized after being shot in the chest in Litchfield | New Hampshire

LITCHFIELD — A 17-year-old boy was hospitalized after being accidentally shot in the chest Saturday evening.
Officers responded to a house on the 200 block of Charles Bancroft Highway and found the boy stable and alert, the Litchfield Police Department said in a statement. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
The incident is still under investigation, but police said it appears that when someone — it was not immediately clear whether it was another person or the victim — loaded a round into a .22 caliber Chiappa Little Badger rifle and closed the barrel, the round accidentally discharged.

Chiappa-little-badger.png

This kind of thing always bothers me, I have children and I just can't imagine the pain of this kind of loss.

Sometime I wonder if we, gun owners, as a group are doing enough to insure safe handling of firearms. I see people handling guns with far less care than I was taught, and still practice, but they consider themselves as being safe when handling guns. I don't say anything because who am I to impose myself on someone else's life. (this is usually at a range, but if the person is obviously an amature and there is a distinct threat I say something to an RSO)

So please, take a moment and look at how you handle your firearms, play a little of the what if game, assume the most unlikely of circumstances and think about what could happen, and what little things you could adopt as habit that would prevent something bad from happening.

What I don't want is the gov stepping in. All they will do is pass laws and regulations that do nothing. They may even make it worse when a few people who are a little careless adopt an attitude because the gov is telling them what to do.

So please, everyone, think, watch your actions, and try to be just a little safer.

See, I think that if you see someone being unsafe with a firearm at the range you have a responsibility and obligation to speak up and correct them. You don't have to be a dickhead about it, but for many it's simple ignorance of proper safety rules.

That said, I only ever saw something bad enough to make me speak up once, but I don't regret it. Don't cross the firing line during live fire. If it's so critical you have to do that, call a cease fire.

4-year-old boy accidentally shoots, kills 2-year-old cousin; grandfather arrested

A 4-year-old boy shot and killed his 2-year-old cousin at a home in Muscoy, California, according to local authorities.

The victim's grandfather, Cesar Lopez, 53, was arrested and charged with child endangerment and being a felon in possession of a firearm, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department announced on Twitter.

Deputies responded to a report of a shooting at the home Friday morning. The victim, a 2-year-old girl, was found suffering from a gunshot wound and was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead,

It's interesting that no charges will be filed against him. As usual, if it happened in MA, the city would have been locked down and the man arrested would have lost his LTC, his job, his dog, wife, kids, home, car, etc. (Yeah, I know he's only 22, but I decided to magnify the absurdity). [laugh]

The man is believed to have gone to the hospital. There will not be any charges and so the man's name will not be released. Police said the man did have a concealed weapons permit.

Student accidentally shot at Blossomwood Elementary in Huntsville

A student suffered a gunshot wound to the hand in an accidental shooting at a Huntsville elementary school Monday morning, authorities said.

Around 10:30 a.m., officers were called to Blossomwood Elementary at 1321 Woodmont Ave. S.E.

Huntsville police Chief Mark McMurray said the student's injuries weren't life-threatening.

"We never put the campus on lock down because this was an accident," Superintendent Christy Finley said in a recorded phone message that was delivered to parents Monday night. "Once the accident occurred, no other students were in danger. The school was safe and class continued for our students."

Imagine if that happened in Mass.

Remember, you heard it here first:

Orleans, MA *Shooting W/Medevac* 5 Namskaket Rd. @ Fitness Revolution. PD O/S. 40 Y/O Male Accidentally Shot In Leg While Unloading A Gun. Severe Bleeding. Req Medflight. L/Z @ Barnstable Airport. 10:37am

Remember, you heard it here first:

Orleans, MA *Shooting W/Medevac* 5 Namskaket Rd. @ Fitness Revolution. PD O/S. 40 Y/O Male Accidentally Shot In Leg While Unloading A Gun. Severe Bleeding. Req Medflight. L/Z @ Barnstable Airport. 10:37am
Plaxico burris visits the cape gym scene.......
Maybe an Aqib Talib fan....

Man Shot After Triggering Own Booby Trap While Feeding Squirrels At North Carolina Home

CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. – A North Carolina man who booby-trapped his backdoor with a shotgun shot himself when he opened the door, according to deputies.

WCNC reported that the 68-year-old man seriously injured himself with his own booby trap at about 11:30 a.m. Monday at his Cleveland County home.

“I’ve never seen anything quite like this,” Capt. Jon Wright, with the Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office

Back
Top Bottom