N/D Of The Week

.[Worcester, MA *Shooting* 130 Goddard Memorial Drive. Adult Male Shot. Reported As Accidental. WPD O/S. Req EMS. 3:29pm]

If you're not familiar with the address, that's the Kahr Arms factory where they make pistols and the Tommyguns.

Was it an actual ND or did something go kaboom during testing? Does Kahr test fire all their guns?

Chesterfield Twp. man accidentally fires gun in Secretary of State office

Customers briefly were frightened and confused after a man accidentally fired his 9 mm handgun Thursday afternoon in a Michigan Secretary of State branch office in Clinton Township.
No one was struck by the gunfire, according to police.
Police said a 51-year-old Chesterfield Township man was waiting in line at the branch office on Gratiot Avenue at 16 Mile Road at 2 p.m. when the incident took place.
“The guy was pulling his pants up and got his finger snagged in the finger guard,” said police Lt. Curt Randall. “That’s when the gun went off.”

Chesterfield Twp. man accidentally fires gun in Secretary of State office

What is it with folks always seem to need to clean their gun.....? Like there is something wrong with a dirty gun. Where does this dirt come from? From a few rounds of shooting? Oh, I need to clean my gun now!! I better clean my gun now, ooops, it went off and I just shot myself!! Whoopsie doooo! Sorry, just had to say something here.

Rob, It's possible you've met the guy from Charlemont if you've been out to the Rally.

And just because the police report says they were cleaning it, and the newspaper article says they were cleaning it, and the medical records say they were cleaning it, and the insurance claims say they were cleaning it, doesn't always mean they were cleaning it.

Last edited:
What is it with folks always seem to need to clean their gun.....? Like there is something wrong with a dirty gun. Where does this dirt come from? From a few rounds of shooting? Oh, I need to clean my gun now!! I better clean my gun now, ooops, it went off and I just shot myself!! Whoopsie doooo! Sorry, just had to say something here.

I don't clean my guns that often right now, but when my daughter gets into her teens, I think most every gun in my collection will be cleaned to the point that the finish is worn off from cleaning....

Mostly it comes from either military service, or that everything they think they know about guns came second-, third-, or fourth-hand from someone who once fired a gun in basic training.

More military guns have been ruined from over-cleaning, than have ever failed from under-cleaning.

We had one particular dumbass in my platoon, whose M16 was rejected for turn-in to the armory (no big deal, everyone's rifle was rejected on the first pass). Except he took the instructions to "get all the black stuff off" quite literally. He was some kind of savant, because with nothing more than the issued cleaning kit, he came back with a bolt carrier group that looked like it had been chrome plated.

Shooting yourself with a gun and then saying"it was cleaning it and it just went off" is the emergency room foreign object equivalent of "I just slipped and fell and it ended up there"

"I swear, it was a million to one shot"

stiller-costanza-900x600.jpg

"yes sir. I find it interesting that you managed to get a lightbulb/toy train/cucumber/ Glock 34 mos slide that far up there". Most er's have stories and or collections of said "accidents"

Rockingham Alert

8 hrs ·

Kingston, NH *SHOOTING* ## Marshall Rd - Male subject with a GSW to the foot from a negligent discharge, EMS & ALS staging for the PD to clear the scene - 154.190 - 1/18 - 21:15 #KingstonNH
Definitely not a LEO, since the report would have been of an "accidental" discharge instead.

Someone got out of their car, adjusted the revolver that he was carrying and it went off accidentally, according to police.

Police said the bullet went off into a home, and the gun's owner then alerted the people who were home at the time the gun went off.

I can't figure out this story's angle.

Would adjusting a shoulder holster make one more prone to inadvertently cocking the hammer for a single-action AD, or for somehow trapping one’s finger for a double-action AD. It’s hard to picture any of this happening as reported. My guess is it wasn’t a revolver and the writer doesn’t know that handguns can be revolvers or auto-loaders.

Would adjusting a shoulder holster make one more prone to inadvertently cocking the hammer for a single-action AD, or for somehow trapping one’s finger for a double-action AD. It’s hard to picture any of this happening as reported. My guess is it wasn’t a revolver and the writer doesn’t know that handguns can be revolvers or auto-loaders.
Or it wasn't an AD

Back
Top Bottom