N/D Of The Week

WTF?!?!?! I cleaned three guns today at the kitchen island (because I have a broken ankle, normally I have my setup in the basement) wife and two kids were in the room. Let kids hold guns. Nobody got shot, and one of the guns was a glock.

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Should I pound a handle of whiskey first? I had a beer while cleaning the guns, still, no ND.

WTF?!?!?! I cleaned three guns today at the kitchen island (because I have a broken ankle, normally I have my setup in the basement) wife and two kids were in the room. Let kids hold guns. Nobody got shot, and one of the guns was a glock.

I just don't get it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Should I pound a handle of whiskey first? I had a beer while cleaning the guns, still, no ND.

You cleaned a Glock? I don't even own one (well, Lady Radtekk does, and sometimes even lets me shoot it) but I know better.

You cleaned a Glock? I don't even own one (well, Lady Radtekk does, and sometimes even lets me shoot it) but I know better.

Hey, wait a minute, when I met R. Lee Ermey in Las Vegas, he personally told me that you NEVER have to clean a Glock, he wasn't lying was he ???

Gunny_1.jpg

Well, in my defense, it is a an FDE glock, and when you throw 200 rnds of cheap ball ammo through it, the front of it looks like a regular black glock. I just had to have that purdy FDE glock, but wish I just bought another black one like everyone else, then I'd never know how dirty the front of the gun got. While I was at it....

Well, in my defense, it is a an FDE glock, and when you throw 200 rnds of cheap ball ammo through it, the front of it looks like a regular black glock. I just had to have that purdy FDE glock, but wish I just bought another black one like everyone else, then I'd never know how dirty the front of the gun got. While I was at it....

Good thing you didn't get one of these:

G27_1.jpg

I bet Schumer and the other lefties are pissing their pants laughing over this one:

NRA Staffer Shoots Himself At Gun Range

FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA — A National Rifle Association employee accidentally discharged a gun and wounded himself during training Thursday, Fairfax County Police said.

Around 3:30 p.m., the 46-year-old employee was training at the National Firearms Museum's shooting range at 11250 Waples Mill Road in Fairfax when the incident occurred. He suffered a minor lower-body wound and was taken to the hospital.

https://patch.com/virginia/burke/s/g349c/nra-employee-accidentally-discharges-gun-wounds-himself

homer-doh-squarered.jpg

I wonder if he is related to the guy acting as a "security guard" who shot another "guard" at a gun show while monkeying around with a .22 pistol...

posting link, won't embed for some bizarre reason...
http://vimeo.com/212160186

-Mike

Last edited:
From yesterday:

Industry, ME *Shooting* 70 Angus LN. PD O/S. Victim With Gunshot Wound. Accidental Self Inflicted. 4:51pm

From this morning:

New Ipswich, NH *Shooting* Binney Hill Rd. SVCS O/S. Man Shot Himself In Leg With Arrow. 8:22am

I guess he forgot to check to see if it was loaded ^

I blame gun manufacturers. By using the famous "Ruger Loophole" where they only print one paragraph of safety information on the barrels and slides of their guns, manufacturers get around common sense safety marking. Any reasonable person would agree that they should, at a minimum, print the entire transcript from the NRA's Basic Pistol Safety course on the side of every gun.

Don't know which end the boolats come out of? Read the slide.

Not sure if memory is the best way to ensure a gun is clear? Read the slide.

Are you supposed to point the muzzle at something you intend to destroy or at something you don't intend to destroy? Read the slide.

Jeezus, don't give the Queen, Bloomie or the Mom's any ideas. Next thing you know we'll have gun barrels with one of those pull out things like on some pens. You pull out the sheet of whatever writing via a little piece of gripper metal and read. Not sure how the mechanism would hold up to barrel heat though, so maybe we're safe for now.

cleaning is dangerous. it's why i never clean anything.

i personally take a shower once a month, whether i need it or not.
[smile]

you see, the thing you have to remember about Glocks, the bullets come out of the barrel going REALLY FAST!

Tragedy as high school graduate, 18, 'accidentally shoots and kills his girlfriend while showing off a gun he got as a graduation present from the girl's father'

A teenager accidentally shot and killed his girlfriend while showing off a gun he was given as a graduation present Thursday night, according to police.

Memphis police said Brennan Fields, 18, was given the firearm as a high-school graduation gift by the father of his girlfriend, Lucinda Luna.

He was admiring the gift at the 19-year-old girl's home in Arlington, Tennessee, when he accidentally shot Luna in the stomach, according to WMC.

Luna was rushed to the hospital, but died from her injuries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4568112/Teen-kills-girlfriend-gun-got-graduation-gift.html

[sad2]

Man at Belmont gun range dies from self-inflicted shot to head in 'tragic accident'

The fire department and police were called to Belmont Firearms & Range at 140 Laconia Road about 12:47 p.m. Saturday for a report of a gunshot victim. "It was just a tragic accident," said Belmont Police Cpl. Evan Boulanger.
<http://www.unionleader.com/Police:-Man-at-Belmont-gun-range-dies-from-self-inflicted-shot-to-head-in-tragic-accident>

An adult male was transported to a local hospital Saturday afternoon after suffering a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head at a Belmont firing range, police said. Belmont police said the man, whose identity and condition were being withheld pending notification of family, was transported to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia via Dartmouth-Hitchcock Advanced Response Team helicopter shortly after 1 p.m.
<http://www.concordmonitor.com/Belmont-Shooting-11570544>

.[Worcester, MA *Shooting* 130 Goddard Memorial Drive. Adult Male Shot. Reported As Accidental. WPD O/S. Req EMS. 3:29pm]

If you're not familiar with the address, that's the Kahr Arms factory where they make pistols and the Tommyguns.

Back
Top Bottom