N/D Of The Week

If it wasn’t an AD/ND, you mean this guy deliberately shot into someone’s home, then stuck around to surrender his gun and license?

If it wasn’t an AD/ND, you mean this guy deliberately shot into someone’s home, then stuck around to surrender his gun and license?

Generally speaking I don't believe in ADs, they are either a result of negligence or they are intentional.

But in this case he could have been wrongly shooting at someone/thing, or a pitifully poor suicide attempt with a last second change of mind.

Hmmm... this keeps getting curiouser and curiouser! I’m still inclined to think it was a semi-auto mis-reported as a revolver. Maybe someone with insider info from the Brookline PD will shed more light for us on this bizarre incident.

Brookline MA, accidental discharge into a house while "adjusting revolver"

Gun Goes Off In Brookline, Bullet Into Home: Police

That guy can kiss his LTC goodbye forever.... although the story seems to intimate that the guy is not a Brookline resident, but I'm sure they'll embellish it up
when ratting him out to his IA, telling them about how the bullet narrowly missed a bus full of nuns or something.

-Mike

Article says he’s a Brockton resident. Alas, we’re still no closer to learning what really happened here. Somebody besides the shooter must know the truth.

Danville building inspector dies after accidental shooting | New Hampshire

DANVILLE — Building Inspector Edward Morrison III died Friday following an accidental shooting at his residence.

Morrison, 46, was at his Emerald Drive home with two friends on Feb. 20 when he suffered a gunshot wound to the head, according to Police Chief Wade Parsons.

The circumstances surrounding the shooting remain under investigation.

Parsons said the shooting appears to be accidental, but he hasn’t provided details on how it happened.

This may be more of an A/D, but it makes me wonder what kind of revolver he was carrying:

Man suffers accidental gunshot wound on Shelter Island
Revolver went off while in pocket, police say

While a man was cutting down a tree on Shelter Island this past Friday, his gun accidentally went off in his pocket and he sustained a gunshot wound to his upper thigh, according to emergency responders.

<<< >>>

the man had been cutting a tree when his gun, a .357 revolver, went off. Campbell said the gun appears to have been “carried loose in a pocket” when it went off

This may be more of an A/D, but it makes me wonder what kind of revolver he was carrying:

Revolver went off while in pocket, police say

They are all NDs, no such thing as an AD.
And, a revolver? In a pocket? this one is really tough to see as anything other than he was playing with it... assuming there is clear evidence it was fired while in the pocket (holes and burns).

They are all NDs, no such thing as an AD.
And, a revolver? In a pocket? this one is really tough to see as anything other than he was playing with it... assuming there is clear evidence it was fired while in the pocket (holes and burns).

Here's another one that may be an A/D, I can't imagine he was playing with his gun while riding a motorcycle:

Motorcyclist in Florida crash shot by own gun

BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. — A motorcyclist involved in a crash in east Central Florida was shot by his own gun Thursday, troopers said.
The motorcyclist had a gun on his hip when the bike crashed on the 3800 block of New Haven Avenue near West Melbourne.

The gun discharged, shooting him
, the Florida Highway Patrol said.

Both the motorcyclist and a passenger on the bike were taken to Holmes Regional Medical Center with nonlife-threatening injuries. They were wearing helmets, troopers said.

Here's another one that may be an A/D, I can't imagine he was playing with his gun while riding a motorcycle:

It's either an ND or a failure in construction/material. Either he took insufficient care when carrying while on a bike, or there was a manufacturing failure. It's called being responsible, and it's not about guns. It applies to cars and everything else as well.

It's either an ND or a failure in construction/material. Either he took insufficient care when carrying while on a bike, or there was a manufacturing failure. It's called being responsible, and it's not about guns. It applies to cars and everything else as well.

The writing is so terrible they don't make it clear what occurred before or after... did the gun discharge, then he crashed, or he crashed hard, and then it discharged? Probalby shitty gun/holster, or some piece of gear interfering, etc. Or another hammer cocked back... lol. The things I've seen some people do with DA/SA guns are cringeworthy.

-Mike

the other night i got one of those "shelter in place" police calls. Was sleepy, tired, groggy....i really appreciated the DECOCKER LEVER on my HK USP. After receiving the "all clear" phone call, just point it in a safe direction and push down on the safety, and the gun lowers the hammer safely...no physical gymnastics involved.

I wonder how many of these NDs are just someone trying to lower the hammer, and it gets away from them.

BTW i am really having fun with the whole shelter in place phone call system! Neighbor is walking her dogs yesterday. "wow what do you think of that police phone call late last night...i was scared...blah blah blah...what are you supposed to do".

I just say "well, i am glad i had my gun handy", and you see a momentary shocked look, then...you can see the gears starting to turn...like "oh yeah, that WOULD have been a good thing to have in the house!". Its like seeing one of those little cartoon lightbulbs going off suspended over their liberal heads...

That could never happen to me. Why ? Because I clean all my Glock's in the dishwasher. Couldn't happen to me buddy either. Why ? Because he never cleans his Glock's. He thinks all Glock's are self cleaning. LOL.

The ND when cleaning your Glock stories are so retarded. How f***ing hard is it to check the chamber before you take it down?

The ND when cleaning your Glock stories are so retarded. How f***ing hard is it to check the chamber before you take it down?

Remember that story a few years back about the guy with the AK-47 ? He stated the AK went off without pulling with trigger and that there was no magazine in the weapon, and yet he managed to fire off 2 rounds that hit a school across the street. Now how much more retarded can you get than this guy ?

2nd mishap at police gun range in 2 days could have killed someone

A sheriff's officer inadvertently fired his pistol into the parking lot at a police firing range last week while trying to teach recruits about gun safety.
Two law enforcement sources, who had been told of the incident, described the misfire as careless and said the bullet, which was at about shoulder-height when it hit two vehicles, could have killed someone if they were walking to their car.

The mishap happened one day after a Woodbridge officer accidentally shot himself in the hand at the same range.

Nothing like a little vagueness in an article. The "...officer inadvertently fired his pistol...", which means it was an accident. Then it states that the incident was "...described the misfire as careless...", which means it was negligent. So was it accidental or negligent? The answer is, only cops should have guns.

The mishap happened one day after a Woodbridge officer accidentally shot himself in the hand at the same range.
Let me guess, the gun was a glock and the cop was an idiot.

Nothing like a little vagueness in an article. The "...officer inadvertently fired his pistol...", which means it was an accident. Then it states that the incident was "...described the misfire as careless...", which means it was negligent. So was it accidental or negligent? The answer is, only cops should have guns.
I've said it before, there is no such thing as an AD, they are all NDs. Unless there is some outside mystical force like defective equipment or the hand of God reaches out and pulls the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom