Mythbusters goodies - **NSFW**

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Did you see the one they had this weekend on the sniper shot threw the scope?

They called this one "busted" Basically the mulitiple lenses in the scope deflected the shot everytime. Even when they did the shot at about 1' away.

So, even though it looked cool in Saving Private Ryan, the odds are that it can't be done.

Although there is a supposed report of a U.S. sniper that accoplished this during Vietnam.

Thats the one.

Again, just going on what Mythbustered did.

I would say that based off their attempts... It would have had to have been a 1 in a million shot.

Matt what caliber were they using?

Crap, you would ask that...

I do believe it was .308 though.

They were attempting to make sure that they recreated everything...

But one thing I had a slight doubt about was the angle of the shot.

For some reason it seemed to me that the "Scope Dummy" rifle seemed to have the slightest verticle angle to it... which could very well cause this.

But that may also just the camera preception as well.

I love Mythbusters. Well, at least Kari Byron:
32196_051306_KariByron_03_B.jpg

It isn't really her... Google it.

"There’s been some confusion lately over what some people have claimed are nude photos of Kari Byron from a Playboy photo shoot. This is not Kari Byron, it’s British pinup model Alexandra Sim-Wise."

This may sound silly, but I would imagine there have been significant advances in optics and glass manufacturing since the late 60s/early 70s; which may well have played a part in busting the myth. It was still a cool episode, but the RO they spoke to really wanted to milk his time on TV!

This may sound silly, but I would imagine there have been significant advances in optics and glass manufacturing since the late 60s/early 70s; which may well have played a part in busting the myth. It was still a cool episode, but the RO they spoke to really wanted to milk his time on TV!

The scope Hathcock shot through was likely a Russian PU scope. They can be had, and the current production ones aren't much different from the original ones.

I actually thought about that as well... and they never really addressed wheather the scopes were the same or not.

The scope Hathcock shot through was likely a Russian PU scope. They can be had, and the current production ones aren't much different from the original ones.
Yeah, but as matt wonders below, I don't think they said what kind they were using to bust the myth.

Back
Top Bottom