• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mythbusters at it again!

Did anyone see last night's episode? Adam and Jaime were trying to disarm grenades by shooting at them! If you have not seen it, I won't spoil it for you, but it was pretty interesting. Lets just say, that "the guys" are crappy trap shooters.

Check it out!

Wouldn't waste my time watching that jackass show. When the ran the episode "debunking" the American Graffiti scene where the 62 Ford cop car has it's differential torn out, they used a late model Ford that had a TOTALLY different rear suspension (leaf springs on shackles vs 4 link with coil springs). That's not even apples and oranges, more like apples and refrigerators.

Wouldn't waste my time watching that jackass show. When the ran the episode "debunking" the American Graffiti scene where the 62 Ford cop car has it's differential torn out, they used a late model Ford that had a TOTALLY different rear suspension (leaf springs on shackles vs 4 link with coil springs). That's not even apples and oranges, more like apples and refrigerators.

Not to nitpick, but there's less shear points on a 4 link (minimum you'd have to break 4 bolts connecting control arms to axle)) than on a leaf spring rear suspension (minimum you'd have to break 4 U-bolts + 2 leaf spring center pins + 2 bolts on shackles) , so shouldn't it be easier to rip out a 4 link rear end?

Great show, especially for my pre-teen and teen boys. We watch the Mythbusters analyze a problem, design an experiment, build the experiment and run the experiment...and something always blows up [smile]

I saw it not the best gun safety for sure especially when they used an AK for a bat in the outtakes...But real interesting results of shooting the grenade. Not sure how useful since I personally have had little occasion to shoot one. The C4 experiments were pretty funny especially the filing cabinet one....

Not to nitpick, but there's less shear points on a 4 link (minimum you'd have to break 4 bolts connecting control arms to axle)) than on a leaf spring rear suspension (minimum you'd have to break 4 U-bolts + 2 leaf spring center pins + 2 bolts on shackles) , so shouldn't it be easier to rip out a 4 link rear end?

Total of 4 bolts securing leaf springs. 1 bolt at the front of spring 1 bolt at rear of spring X2= 4 bolts. Dif, ubolts, springs came out as a unit.

I like that show. They seem pretty creative and skilled and don't mind taking chances. And yes, they tend to blow things up.
I also like that they have 2-3 myths per show that they keep panning back to instead of drawing out just one per episode. The one regarding shooting into water was interesting. Higher velocity rounds tended to disintegrate more than standard velocity from a pistol I recall; so if you're ever under rifle fire, jump into the water...

I like shiny red cars.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but at the end they announced Grant, Kari, and Tori are leaving the show! Nooooo... they are they best part!

http://www.eonline.com/news/571864/...elleci-and-grant-imahara-are-leaving-the-show

Tribute (2 min video):
https://amp.twimg.com/v/78aa5ea2-9cdb-4b56-9166-2d0cda206eff

I wonder what this is about. Maybe they're getting their own show? It's been interesting to watch this all develop. Those 3 started as the "build team", and moved on to working out their own myths. For many seasons they would start the show with the main hosts, do their own things, and then pow-wow at the end. The last few seasons they have worked completely separately from the main hosts.

I would imagine it is because the show has basically sucked for the past few years,so viewership has suffered.When viewership suffers,ratings suffer and budgets get cut.

They should have at least kept Kari as eye candy to offset the gay biker Village People mustache dude and his butt buddy.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but at the end they announced Grant, Kari, and Tori are leaving the show! Nooooo... they are they best part!

http://www.eonline.com/news/571864/...elleci-and-grant-imahara-are-leaving-the-show

Tribute (2 min video):
https://amp.twimg.com/v/78aa5ea2-9cdb-4b56-9166-2d0cda206eff

I wonder what this is about. Maybe they're getting their own show? It's been interesting to watch this all develop. Those 3 started as the "build team", and moved on to working out their own myths. For many seasons they would start the show with the main hosts, do their own things, and then pow-wow at the end. The last few seasons they have worked completely separately from the main hosts.

IMO, the show has been on the decline in the past few seasons. A lot of their recent "Myths" have been nothing more than people questioning physics (bullet fired vs. bullet dropped comes to mind) and them proving that physics is actually right. The show has changed from its beginning where they were testing urban legends, myths, etc, to now where (aside from proving that physics is right as previously mentioned) they're trying to replicate viral YouTube videos and see what they can blow up this week. There's only so long you can keep doing that before people get bored with it.

Just yesterday I was reading about the Winchester 1897 shotgun and how it was used in WWI as a trench clearing weapon. Turns out that it was also used to deflect grenades. The story I read said that the guys that were good at trap shooting back home would take up positions to shoot incoming grenades.

A buddy of mine in college said he slept with a girl from each of the sororities on campus. I would like Myth Busters to investigate this.

IMO, the show has been on the decline in the past few seasons. A lot of their recent "Myths" have been nothing more than people questioning physics (bullet fired vs. bullet dropped comes to mind) and them proving that physics is actually right. The show has changed from its beginning where they were testing urban legends, myths, etc, to now where (aside from proving that physics is right as previously mentioned) they're trying to replicate viral YouTube videos and see what they can blow up this week. There's only so long you can keep doing that before people get bored with it.

That's because no one learns anything in school anymore, and most people graduate with a fifth grade education that they are calling a high school education.

meh, not all science is good science. It's always up to the viewers/readers to decide if they believe it, that's just part of the method. Plus they blow shit up... works for me.

Did anyone see last night's episode? Adam and Jaime were trying to disarm grenades by shooting at them! If you have not seen it, I won't spoil it for you, but it was pretty interesting. Lets just say, that "the guys" are crappy trap shooters.

Check it out!

i saw that episode as well interesting but lest be honest if i see a grenade coming at me im getting out of the way lol

I like shiny red cars.

I like eggs.

LOL, I thought I was bad about thread drift... Here goes:

The Mythbusters guys remind me of my younger brother- back in the day he was always finding a creative way to blow sh!t up or misappropriate some dangerous object. Only time he got 'bit' was when a loose (and exploding) shotgun shell primer ripped his leg open. At least that was the story. He became an engineer working on defense satellites. Go figure.

I like eggs.

LOL, I thought I was bad about thread drift... Here goes:

The Mythbusters guys remind me of my younger brother- back in the day he was always finding a creative way to blow sh!t up or misappropriate some dangerous object. Only time he got 'bit' was when a loose (and exploding) shotgun shell primer ripped his leg open. At least that was the story. He became an engineer working on defense satellites. Go figure.

Well, the mythbusters are probably only lucky that they haven't been bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui-xBeqBNi4

Back
Top Bottom