Mystic Valley Gun Club

He also opened the club to USPSA matches. Still waiting to see you at a match!!!!!!

Thanks for recognizing me, but to be fair I was just one of the votes needed.

I'd really like to see Mystic host more action-style shooting matches - we always seem to get a great turn out and the members who participate seem to have a lot of fun. (I know I do!)

Quick bump to remind everyone about the upcoming elections at MVGC. If you don't think you'll be able to make it in person but would still like to participate in the voting please send me a PM and I'll get you set up with a proxy. Every vote counts! Proxies are due this coming Thursday the 20th, so there's only a few more days.

Thanks to everyone who already expressed support. I didn't realize we had so many MVGC members here on NES and it's great to put screen names to faces.

Official announcement below. I hope to see a large turn-out for the election this year!

MVGC Annual Meeting and Elections will be held Thursday evening March 6th. Voting will begin at 5:30 pm, the meeting will begin at 7:30 pm.

Candidates:

President:
Lenny Cafarelli (i) unopposed

Executive Officer:
Jeff Hirtle (i) unopposed

Clerk:
Dave Joy (i)
Frank Polischuck

Director (4 seats, 1 vacant due to the passing of Bob Terrell):
Jim Limardo (i)
Jason Sawyer (i)
Rich Sica (i)
Ron Alley
Tom Barry
Steve Brown
Paul Cioffi
Richard Sperazzo

Other business may also be conducted at the membership meeting, all members are encouraged to attend.

In addition to casting your vote for Jason Sawyer, also vote for Dave Joy, Jeff Hirtle, Steve Brown and Paul Cioffi.

In addition to casting your vote for Jason Sawyer, also vote for Dave Joy, Jeff Hirtle, Steve Brown and Paul Cioffi.

Thanks Bill, those are all good guys.

My understanding is that voting will close at 7:30 when the meeting starts, so please plan to get there by 6:30 at the latest to ensure that your vote is counted.

Bumping this as we get closer.

Come out and do your civic duty for the club! Okay, that was a bit much, but come out and vote!

Tonight is the night. Voting starts at 5:30 and ends around 7:30. Annual meeting starts at 7:30.

I hope to see a big turn-out this year!

I would like to swing by tomorrow (Thursday 3/21)
Is any NES member going to be there ?
I sort of feel a bit hesitant to walk in without knowing anyone

I would like to swing by tomorrow (Thursday 3/21)
Is any NES member going to be there ?
I sort of feel a bit hesitant to walk in without knowing anyone
It's a gun club, not an old money country club. As long as you don't show up wearing a "together we can" T shirt, you'll find everyone to be very welcoming.

I don't know, the website said swing by Thursday evenings if you are interested in the club .
btw Yesterday, "Tomorrow" was today ! [smile]

Yes, tonight is new membership. (It's just the 3rd Thursday of each month by the way, not every Thursday.) 7:00 pm sharp.

EDIT: I can't make it tonight after all, but you'll be in good hands. Everyone is friendly.

Last edited:
I'll be at the match tonight. I've never shot something like this before so It'll be a learning experience for sure.

I'll be at the match tonight. I've never shot something like this before so It'll be a learning experience for sure.

I'll be there too! If you have any questions, ask. The ROs are all very helpful and there's a bunch of regulars who can help as well.

Last night was pretty awesome, how many NES'rs showed up?

Jason, how often are matches like this held?

Last night was pretty awesome, how many NES'rs showed up? Jason, how often are matches like this held?

Once a month for these ones, BUAS also runs USPSA matches once a month. Check the calendar on the website for details. (I just updated the calendar.)

May will be our last one for the season, it starts getting too hot in there after that.

Last edited:
May will be our last one for the season, it starts getting too hot in there after that.

Just my luck.
I don't really want to get into leagues or competitive shooting. Last night exactly what I'm looking for.

Just my luck.
I don't really want to get into leagues or competitive shooting. Last night exactly what I'm looking for.

We just take the hot months off because it gets stupid hot on the ranges in the summer. There are plenty of outdoor matches at other clubs in the summer anyway.

We just take the hot months off because it gets stupid hot on the ranges in the summer. There are plenty of outdoor matches at other clubs in the summer anyway.

Similar to last night in the sense it's just for fun and not an actual IDPD/USPSA match? I may need to do some more research to find these clubs/matches.

Similar to last night in the sense it's just for fun and not an actual IDPD/USPSA match? I may need to do some more research to find these clubs/matches.

I think Harvard shoots practice matches once a week or so. (Wednesday nights maybe? I'm not sure but I think they post their schedule.) I'm not sure about other clubs, I'm heavy into rifle competition as soon as the snow melts so I personally don't have much time for pistol shooting between April and October.

With that said; I shoot ALL matches just for fun, that's the whole point isn't it? Our fun matches are not really that much different than a "real" match - stages are pretty much the same, most of the same guys run them, most of the same guys shoot them, we basically use the same rules these days (more so lately, which frankly I don't really like but that's a different argument.)

What I'm saying is that if you had fun shooting our fun match you'll probably have just as much fun shooting a "real" match.

You can go to USPSA matches purely for fun or to be hypercompetitive and win. It's whatever you make it to be.

I thought I heard steve say there was going to be one more.

JCV, there's a calendar somewhere with all the pistol comps on it.

I thought I heard steve say there was going to be one more.

JCV, there's a calendar somewhere with all the pistol comps on it.

There will be a special classifier match 2nd Sunday of April. Calendar is at uspsa-ne.org.

Back
Top Bottom