Mystic Valley Gun Club

Pins and plates were active last year, the fellow that was running it has lost interest. We're planning on starting up some steel matches soon, as soon I can get my desk cleared of all the membership renewals. The first "match" will be an introductory session for all those intreseted is seeing what it's all about and giving it a try, future sessions will be matches. Keep an eye on the website for an announcement of dates and times.

Great Service

Once again, I have received GREAT SERVICE from the Clerk of Mystic Valley Gun Club. My Buddy wanted to go shooting the other night, and he is a member of MVGC, but he brought an "OLD" Card (5 yrs old?)....Apparently he never got or lost the "New" card. So, the MVGC Office was open and the Clerk was present, and He fixed the problem. For our entire visit, there were several Club officials present, a Firearms Safety class was being held, and the Range was open for Business. What else can you expect from a Club? As a 20yr? Member, I have never seen the club run as efficiently, as it is now. For any prospective members....JOIN NOW. You just can't lose.

Pins and plates were active last year, the fellow that was running it has lost interest. We're planning on starting up some steel matches soon, as soon I can get my desk cleared of all the membership renewals. The first "match" will be an introductory session for all those intreseted is seeing what it's all about and giving it a try, future sessions will be matches. Keep an eye on the website for an announcement of dates and times.

Friday nights were always fun! [smile]

anyone possibly heading to this club this evening? I reallllllly want to try my new toys out tonight and am highly likely to pick up a membership there at the end of the month...
Anyone willing to help me as your "guest"? I'd much appreciate.

--L

The Mystic Valley Gun Club http://www.mvgunclub.com/

This club as far as I am concerned, is the very best indoor range I have been to.

Expensive to join at first, maybe, but remember you get what you pay for. And you are getting the best.

Those that are retired like myself, can go during the week in the AM and have the place practically to yourself.

Once a member you will receive a computer card and can access the club 24/7, you just can't beat the setup.

So as the saying goes "Come On Down" you will love the place.

And yes you can shoot a .22 rifle, look at the range rules on the link provided.

Questions for current members of MVGC.
How busy does this club get at nights and on weekends?
When an event is going on (GBPL, etc.) is the aux range open?
I'm toying with the idea of joining..
Thanks.
Paul

Most weeknights are not too bad. GBPL will have aux range open. The junior rifle will have aux range open.
The friday event will boot you off both ranges (can't remember if it's the second or fourth).
Problem for me is remembering which day something is scheduled and when it is best to stay home.
They don't publish a good calendar. Aux range is more cramped and if you have a few people, you may be ducking brass from your neighbor.

Weekends have only done late mornings and it is deserted.

Most weeknights are not too bad. GBPL will have aux range open. The junior rifle will have aux range open.
The friday event will boot you off both ranges (can't remember if it's the second or fourth).
Problem for me is remembering which day something is scheduled and when it is best to stay home.
They don't publish a good calendar. Aux range is more cramped and if you have a few people, you may be ducking brass from your neighbor.

Weekends have only done late mornings and it is deserted.

I always seem to go on activity nights. I don't find the website very informative or user friendly. The ventilation is great and the lanes are in good shape. The heating system was down this week and it was very cold in the main range area with cold air blowing out of the vents. I was in the aux range last winter and it wasn't heated.

The heat is NOT broken, it was down for 2 days waiting for service. Bids are out for a new airmakeup system to eliminate any further issues. The AUX range is heated by the same type air makeup system only it's a lot newer the the one on the new range. It IS chilly when you 1st go out to the aux rangebecause we're not going to heat that space when not in use, we keep it at about 50 degrees when not in use. it heats right up when you fire the exhaust system.

The only night both ranges are in use is the 4th friday of each month for the practical match. The rest of the time if the main range is in use for school, GBPL, juniors, etc, the Aux range is open.

The heat is NOT broken, it was down for 2 days waiting for service. Bids are out for a new airmakeup system to eliminate any further issues. The AUX range is heated by the same type air makeup system only it's a lot newer the the one on the new range. It IS chilly when you 1st go out to the aux rangebecause we're not going to heat that space when not in use, we keep it at about 50 degrees when not in use. it heats right up when you fire the exhaust system.

The only night both ranges are in use is the 4th friday of each month for the practical match. The rest of the time if the main range is in use for school, GBPL, juniors, etc, the Aux range is open.

Man, first the phone calls, now the NES threads!

The air make up system is currently online and functioning properly. Bid's ARE out for replacement (just need a couple more before I can go to the board for approvals).

the Aux range is a LOT less crowded than it used to be (Mr. clerk did a fantastic job back there with a couple of volunteers), but it is what it is. it's a small building, and we try to offer a LOT to our members as far as classes, matches, etc...all that stuff has to go somewhere!

Paul: if you're thinking about joining up, shoot me a PM. by all means come on down and check the place out. it's probably a little different from the last time you were in here. I'm there 2-3 nights a week (at least).

wm, what jobowker is talking about is our introduction to practical shooting class we're running on Sat March 12th, 2011. This is an introduction to practical shooting meant to get help new shooters get aquainted with safely shooting practical type matches. No particular style is emphasised, we're concentrating on general practice of safely holstering, drawing, grip, stance, using cover, how to properly show clear, etc.

This is the 4th such class we're doing in the last 2 years, the last 3 were full, we got very positive feedback. Class size limited to 20 with at least 5 NRA certified intructors on hand. It's an all day affair, approx 1 to 1/2 hrs classroom followed by 150-200 rds on the range in various exersises. We currently have 9 shooters signed up. Cost is $25.00 and includes lunch. We're not out to make money, we just want to help bring new shooters into the sport. It's very low-key, new shooters are welcome.

that sounds fantastic clerk. anywhere i can get information to do the sign up?
im right in malden so literally a stones throw away [smile]

Hey everyone, I am moving to Malden soon and am looking to join the club (in July or August). I understand that I will need a club member to sponsor me. Just to provide background, I have been a gun owner for 1.5 years in New Jersey and am now going to be attending law school in Cambridge.

How can I go about finding a sponsor?

Participate in the Friday night shoots when they start back up in September and meet the girls and guys. 2nd and 4th Fridays, 2nd is PPC, 4th is Action Pistol.

I was just messing around on the MVGC website and saw they host reloading classes. Is that still on? I would be interested.

Yup, come down Wednesday and meet the crew. Assuming you're not a lunatic, I'm sure someone will sponsor you lol. Hell, we let Leo in didn't we? Haha

Back
Top Bottom