Mystic valley Gun club

How many Mystic Valley members are on here? Thinking of joining but dont want to wait until Jan 19th to start the process. Is there a way to bypass the "third thusday" rule for new members to show up and take the range test? I have previous military experience if that helps at all. Was going to join MRA but Mystic is right down the street and i dont own a rifle.

How many Mystic Valley members are on here? Thinking of joining but dont want to wait until Jan 19th to start the process. Is there a way to bypass the "third thusday" rule for new members to show up and take the range test? I have previous military experience if that helps at all. Was going to join MRA but Mystic is right down the street and i dont own a rifle.

Swing by on Wednesday night and ask.

Last edited:
Its a nice club, been there almost a year never had any problems. Like Jason's said stop by on Wed. Most of the board members are there for you to talk to.

Wednesdays are the night for sure. But chances are, unless you have a pressing reason, no you can't bypass the process....

My birthday is on 1/19 and i assume the GF will want to go out and do something so i wont be around....

I'll stop by tomorrow and chat with the board members. If you know any could you tell them i'll be stopping by? I was in last week just to look at the ranges. Seem like a nice group of guys. Saw someone waving around a handgun (albeit unloaded) but the fellow showing me around was right on top of it.

No rifles or shotgun (slugs) allowed on either range correct?

My birthday is on 1/19 and i assume the GF will want to go out and do something so i wont be around....

I'll stop by tomorrow and chat with the board members. If you know any could you tell them i'll be stopping by? I was in last week just to look at the ranges. Seem like a nice group of guys. Saw someone waving around a handgun (albeit unloaded) but the fellow showing me around was right on top of it.

I remember you. Dave was the guy giving you the tour and as I recall the guy he had to speak to wasn't a member himself but rather a guest of another member. (Not that it's an excuse.)

22 rifles and pistol catridge carbines are allowed (as far as I know).

Only rimfire rifles. No centerfire rifles or carbines are allowed. (No shotguns either.)

Last edited:

That was me that showed you around. Normally we would not bypass the normal admittance procedure as the safety aspect is tantamount. Stop by tomorrow night and I will see what I can do

That was me that showed you around. Normally we would not bypass the normal admittance procedure as the safety aspect is tantamount. Stop by tomorrow night and I will see what I can do

Hi Clerk. I'll see you tomorrow night at 6. If that doesnt work, let me know and i'll work around you. thanks

It's a great club. I live about 1 mile from a different club but went out of my way to become a member at mvgc. I was attracted by the facilities and then convinced when I met the people.

Hi Clerk, mind if another newbie stops by tonight to say hello and such? I live very close and have been meaning to come check the club out, but until now didn't know how to actually get in touch with anyone other than just showing up and knocking on the door.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom