Mysterious Hybrid Rifle?

Rocky Mosasaurus

NES Member
Back story: My buddy texted me this post and we were naming all the weapons in the photo.

Here is my take from right to left:
Ninja sword, Tavor, 44 Magnum, M4 style AR, looks like an S&W 1911, (I missed that little pee shooter in the back could be like something chambered in 25 acp...although it looks even older!) Ruger 10/22 and a Century Arms looking C308 (HK clone).

Now some of these may be incorrect. But we definitely agreed on most of them except we both were at a loss for what the rifle on the left was next to the HK clone. He pointed out that it looks like some kind of Enfield new school variant and that not many new rifles have a front stock extending through the barrel. I thought the gas block looked totally strange, etc. Does anyone know what this mysterious plinker could be? Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 298CF287-A3E6-4FE1-8071-F7A2873F4187.png
    298CF287-A3E6-4FE1-8071-F7A2873F4187.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 191
This has me completely confused. If you go to the bit.ly site from the tweet you can see the whole article:

CBP Officers Seize Drugs & Weapons

And you can get the full sized image:

11042019 TFO_LukeWeapons.jpg

Reading the article it says that there were 8 loaded firearms, but looking at the picture I can only see the 7 the OP called out. He did call out the 10/22 just to the right (he said he was going right to left) of the C308. And you can see that the "little pee shooter” looks to be a derringer of some sort. But I don’t see anything to the left of the C308, which is what I thought he was asking about. I only count seven guns, I just can’t see an eighth one. What am I missing?

He didn’t say left of the HK clone. He just said the rifle on the left next to the HK clone. I agree that there isn’t anything to the left of the 308 and he seems to be talking about the 10/22. I also count 7. Watch out for the pepper spray in the back. That’s the most dangerous of all!

the revolver is a Ruger. most likely a redhawk. agree it is likely in 44 magnum but no way to say for sure.

not so sure that 1911 is a S&W production. it could be an SAI or really any other 1911.

The funny thing about this group of weapons is that one could explain the guns as "I had them in my car for the range and forgot", but the ninja sword just doesn't have a reason to be outside of a home or some type of dojo, meaning the ninja sword is actually the most damning thing on that table (assuming those were all legal guns in the home country).

I kept looking for a Enfield in that pic. Over and over again. "Am I missing something?" LOL

The ejection port gave it away.

Yep, that mystery rifle is a 10/22. Bought one in grey/black years, scratch that- 2 decades ago LOL. Was cheap and on sale, so it became a mostly Volquartsen custom build before Ruger and Volquartsen started making basically the same thing. Sold the Mannlicher stock and original barrel.

This has me completely confused. If you go to the bit.ly site from the tweet you can see the whole article:

CBP Officers Seize Drugs & Weapons

And you can get the full sized image:

View attachment 311315

Reading the article it says that there were 8 loaded firearms, but looking at the picture I can only see the 7 the OP called out. He did call out the 10/22 just to the right (he said he was going right to left) of the C308. And you can see that the "little pee shooter” looks to be a derringer of some sort. But I don’t see anything to the left of the C308, which is what I thought he was asking about. I only count seven guns, I just can’t see an eighth one. What am I missing?
Just honest Mexicans returning some of those F&F firearms back to their home country!

Back
Top Bottom