Mylar bags

jmjkd

Instructor
what is the best place today for food grade 5- gallon Mylar bags price wise?
Thank you.

discountmylarbags.com or something like that. They have a pretty slick bag with a zip lock seal on it. Makes it easy to pack with an O2 absorber and then you seal with an iron. I like them a lot better than the ones with no zip lock.

One thing to note - the 5 gallon ziploc bags that I got from them have the ziploc on one end, and the opening that you have to iron shut on the opposite end. This isn't ideal for bucket use, as you would like to zip seal and then iron the same end. I did a bunch of buckets with these bags, and the zippers are now at the bottom of the buckets.

I guess when it comes time to use them, I will have to flip the bags, and cut open the zipper end so it is resealable.

They are the best site I have found for bags and O2 absorbers.

One thing to note - the 5 gallon ziploc bags that I got from them have the ziploc on one end, and the opening that you have to iron shut on the opposite end. This isn't ideal for bucket use, as you would like to zip seal and then iron the same end. I did a bunch of buckets with these bags, and the zippers are now at the bottom of the buckets.

I guess when it comes time to use them, I will have to flip the bags, and cut open the zipper end so it is resealable.

They are the best site I have found for bags and O2 absorbers.

Mine came with the ziploc and iron shut on the same side. Sounds like a QC issue somewhere.

...FWIW, here's my current (~3 weeks ago) order from Sorbent System, it doesn't include the shipping which was another ~$20.

Item: 1 case of 24"x28" 5mil PAKVF4C
Part Number: 24V4C28
Quantity: 150
Price: 1.45
Total: 217.50

Best regards,
Ed

Back
Top Bottom