My wife likes the Pink Lady

Hey guys, while me and my wife were out gun shopping the other day. My wife picked up a Charter "pink lady". Even though my wife doesn't like the color pink she said that this gun had just the right amount and that she liked it a lot. She also LOVED the way it felt in her hands and in her own words "it's like this gun was made just for my hands" the price was very nice too. So I told her since I don't Know anything about Charter I would like to ask if anyone had any experience with them first and if so how are they. So my question is does anyone here or their wives have a pink lady or any other revolver made by Charter and if so how are they? TIA.

Here's the gun:
Charter Pink Lady #53830

She also likes the red&black:
http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Undercover_53824.asp

Last edited:
I have a few friends with charter revolvers and I have fired them honestly they all like them... I am no revolver aficionado but it seemed like every bit as good as my airweight smith 38..

To each there own. My wife would kick my ass if I bought her something like that. This is more her style

View attachment 70836

Don't get me wrong, my wife likes the bigger guns too, she just doesn't wanna carry the 6" everywhere lol [laugh]

4a3736a1-12be-4c17-bf60-c599df25089b_zpsf84a8427.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I'm just gonna take the high road here and leave it alone. If I Google that for you it will return significantly different results [smile]. This thread is a let down...

Glad I'm not the only one that had that as a first thought lol

For a CCW? Probably just fine.

For a range/fun gun? Yikes!

If you can find a way to test-fire it first, do that.

disappointed that wasn't a euphemism.....

heard mixed reviews about CA .38s (and their guns in general, along the lines of you get what you pay for...)

i was looking to get a shamrock though....

LOL

disappointed that wasn't a euphemism.....

heard mixed reviews about CA .38s (and their guns in general, along the lines of you get what you pay for...)

i was looking to get a shamrock though....

Looking at the price, I would say a good Ladysmith would be more bang for the buck. I have heard they are just clones of S&W. I do like their anodized frames though. S&W should do that rather than clear coat. The color possibilities are endless.

My gf has the same gun in green. Loves it, carries it iwb in a simple holster. Happy with shooting it at the range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Charter Arms is currently crap. A lot of people will say ,"Oh, they were good and then they were bad and now they are good." No. They are still bad. Occasionally you will get a good one but they only assemble them at Charter. All the manufacturing is done by subcontractors. The QC at Charter is shit. They belong in the Jennings pile of crap. They are all over the board. I have handled dozens of them and would not spend any of my personal money on them. Buy a used Smith and call it good.

Yeah, get all pissy at me for disparaging Charter but I have seen at least 3 of the new models fail so badly they were useless. Take your life in your hands. I'll stick to my Ruger Service Six. If I run out of ammo I can beat the shit out of the bad guy. Come with a real gun or go home. I would prefer to carry a 2" 686 but I am not going to pay those stupid prices. If you got one for $400 I'll talk... Otherwise I will carry a Ruger brick.

Last edited:
Charter Arms is currently crap. A lot of people will say ,"Oh, they were good and then they were bad and now they are good." No. They are still bad. Occasionally you will get a good one but they only assemble them at Charter. All the manufacturing is done by subcontractors. The QC at Charter is shit. They belong in the Jennings pile of crap. There are all over the board. I have handled dozens of them and would not spend any of my personal money on them. Buy a used Smith and call it good.

Yeah, get all pissy at me for disparaging Charter but I have seen at least 3 of the new models fail so badly they were useless. Take your life in your hands. I'll stick to my Ruger Service Six. If I run out of ammo I can beat the shit out of the bad guy. Come with a real gun or go home.

I have heard this from a gun shop owner. It stopped me from buying my wife a gun but overall with owners I hear good things. maybe worth it if the price is right?

pink is a gimmick but you can put a pink grip on an ak. aftermarket stuff is the real gimmick. what is the price of these?

I have heard this from a gun shop owner. It stopped me from buying my wife a gun but overall with owners I hear good things. maybe worth it if the price is right?

My father is an FFL. I go to trade shows with him and handle these guns. I test fire them every once in a while. And sometimes he gives them to me for below cost to get them out the door. All I can tell you is that the whole point of carrying a concealed weapon is to have an uber-reliable firearm. I am not a fan of the Hillary hole S&W guns but I would still buy one and remove the lock before I bought a Charter Arms. My brother is a cop and makes no money and that was his solution for a BUG. Not even free is good enough to carry a post-2000 Charter Arms. If you find one from 1979 you're probably OK. Ruger and Smith make some very nice and concealable handguns. And they are good.

Most of the time I love my wife. She can be a raging bitch but I am not going to give her a defective firearm no matter how shitty she treats me. If you want a really fine weapon, buy a Colt, Smith or Ruger made before 1990. I am thinking one of those little Colt Detective Specials. Those were nice. Very fine piece. Now I need another... Screw you jerk face, you just cost me $500!

My father is an FFL. I go to trade shows with him and handle these guns. I test fire them every once in a while. And sometimes he gives them to me for below cost to get them out the door. All I can tell you is that the whole point of carrying a concealed weapon is to have an uber-reliable firearm. I am not a fan of the Hillary hole S&W guns but I would still buy one and remove the lock before I bought a Charter Arms. My brother is a cop and makes no money and that was his solution for a BUG. Not even free is good enough to carry a post-2000 Charter Arms. If you find one from 1979 you're probably OK. Ruger and Smith make some very nice and concealable handguns. And they are good.

Most of the time I love my wife. She can be a raging bitch but I am not going to give her a defective firearm no matter how shitty she treats me. If you want a really fine weapon, buy a Colt, Smith or Ruger made before 1990. I am thinking one of those little Colt Detective Specials. Those were nice. Very fine piece. Now I need another... Screw you jerk face, you just cost me $500!
you bring up a good point. give her an unreliable one when she is at home. she is the reason the big guns stay unloaded

I have an older (1990's) Charter Arms stainless snub in .38sp. The Charter is fully functional and does what it is supposed to do, but as far as fit and finish, it is definitely not in the same class as a similar model from S&W.

I have no experience with the newer models.

I was looking at the Charter arms under glass at Bass Pro and just looking the seemed to be decent looking. Nice anodizing. 450 clams for a snubby.[shocked]

Back
Top Bottom