My Very Heavily Customized .357 Ruger Blackhawk

She went from this (top gun shown):
IMG_0522.jpg

To This:
IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

The little stuff, like replacing the ejector rod, swapping the Bisley for Super Blackhawk parts, and making the barrel rail, making and installing the custom base pin and lanyard stud were all the work of yours truly. The harder stuff, an action job, making and installing a nine inch barrel and installing my rail, making and installing the custom front sight, scalloping the recoil shields, and installing a free spin pawl from Power Customs, were all done by a very talented Pistolsmith, Alan Harton of Single Action Service. Anyone interested can PM me for his contact info.

Parts added/replaced: bisley grip frame, hammer, and trigger swapped for Super Blackhawk equivalents, ejector rod replaced with a bullseye rod off an Uberti Cattlemen, aluminum rod housing replaced with a steel one, stock pawl replaced with a Power Customs Free spin pawl, barrel replaced with a custom made 9 inch bull barrel, custom made barrel rail and front sight.

Parts I made: Barrel rail (front sight made by Alan Harton), lanyard ring and stud, custom base pin, and I polished the gun when the last of the work was complete. When I find the money, I'm going to get it refinished in some kind of medium gray.

^^^
Most definitely. I'm still trying to figure out which local range is the cheapest to shoot at as I'm usually tight for money, particularly after this project, but if you see me around with it feel free to say hi and you're more than welcome to try her out.

Nice touch with the Bullet Bourbon. Makes me think of summertime, after mowing the lawn

Yeah, bourbon's my favorite drink and Bulliet is my favorite brand. I've spent a few hundred afternoons on the porch with a glass of that and a good cigar haha. A little harder to find it around here but I usually have a bottle and a half stashed away for safe keeping.

Back
Top Bottom