• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Trip to the Gun Shop.

Wow! I posted this 12 year's ago when I was a young lad. Out of Curiosity is Richie still open I still haven't stepped foot back in that place?

Like others here have said

I live about five miles from Richie's. He can be abrasive and you have to get used to it. If you can't take it then I would find another place. This really is just a hobby for him. There are a lot of locals that hang out there and trade jabs with him. They do not go out of there way to sell things. If you are looking for a better a place I would go to northeast trading. They have a better selection too. Actually I was there this morning with a friend.

Richies is what it is. If you are looking for customer service you are in the wrong place. But he has said when it gets to be too much work and hassle like the MA regs he will just fold up shop. The problem is he really is the only place in town now. Try NE Traders you won't be disappointed. It was nothing personal against you, just the way it operates.
If it’s just a hobby for him and he treats people like shit then maybe it’s time to pack it up. He can go down to the gun club and trade jabs with his bromance buddies. How many new shooters do u think he has completely turned off? We need everybody we can get in this state.

Wow! I posted this 12 year's ago when I was a young lad. Out of Curiosity is Richie still open I still haven't stepped foot back in that place?
i still have not learned to look at posting date.....well what happened to those BG

You dug up an 11 year old thread to write this?
still-got-the-shovel.jpg

I would find another shop after that too. [crying]

There is a gun shop practically down the street from me that I refuse to go to for similar yet somewhat different reasons.

Instead I drive a half an hour up to Northeast Trading Company in North Attleboro. I have nothing but good to say about them. (Northeast Trading Company- Quality Firearms, Training, Ammunition, Accessories, Fishing Supplies, Bait & Tackle, and more...)

Hey - if we're gonna necro a thread, let's put THIS reco to bed with a healthy NOT!

I would find another shop after that too. [crying]

There is a gun shop practically down the street from me that I refuse to go to for similar yet somewhat different reasons.

Instead I drive a half an hour up to Northeast Trading Company in North Attleboro. I have nothing but good to say about them. (Northeast Trading Company- Quality Firearms, Training, Ammunition, Accessories, Fishing Supplies, Bait & Tackle, and more...)

Hey - if we're gonna necro a thread, let's put THIS reco to bed with a healthy NOT!

Went by Northeast Trading today (I know, I know... but they used to carry something I can't find anywhere else and they're on my way to work so I held my nose and went in). WOW, they place is about a quarter of the size it used to be, new partition in and there's a chimney sweep operation occupying most of where the shop used to be. Very little inventory, looks like it's being wound down. I don't think I saw a long gun in the entire place.

Is Northeast Trading the guy that use to stock the Shilo Sharps rifles? If so, I bought a nice Shilo Sharps, in 45-70 form him, around 1990 or so.

Man folks here have thin skin,
He he asked you 2 times if he could help he would have been a pushy prick.
Settle down and try to look past the banter.
I bet the store clerk waited all day to use that “is the glass dirty”
I say go back with some of those moist lens cleaners and start cleaning the display case glass!

Speaking of cleaning, way back in the day, even before the OP began this thread, me and a friend went into Gartman's. All the good stuff was up on the walls but there were a few rifles and shotguns on a rack on the right in front of the door. We were looking at them and Benko threw us an oily rag and told us to wipe them down after we were done . I was happy to, my friend was pissed though. Eventually, Benko gave me the grand tour of the shop including all of the cars stashed in the basement. Those were the good old days, Joe Giraldo's, Lester (The Fox's), Russ Taylor"s, Ed Arancio's, Herzog's, Blue Knight, Tight Lines, Colemans, Tompsons, Stoughton Trading, Fairground Trader, The Fair, Service Merchandise, Lew Horton's, That odd place on Route 30, Ivanho, Riley's... all gone. [sad]

So did Gartmann, and yet his shop survives even stronger than before.

Yes, because now they're actually OPEN so you can go there. I tried three times to get in that place and it was never open. So good for his heirs (pretty sure I remember reading that his heirs took it over. I think).

Yes, because now they're actually OPEN so you can go there. I tried three times to get in that place and it was never open. So good for his heirs (pretty sure I remember reading that his heirs took it over. I think).

I got in there twice with the actual Gartmann. It was possible, I swear!

He had amazing inventory, but didn’t seem interested in moving it.

Man this thread brought back memories, I was reading through it like it was current until I saw Spag's. My dad used to love Spag's. I was a freshman or sophomore in high school when they closed up. [rockon]

Back
Top Bottom