• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My take on the Ulticlip so far. Read before you make your purchase.

jho

Preface: I carry a S&W Shield 9 with a Comp-Tac Minotaur Hybrid (Left Handed) with no additional cant adjustment, 511 Tactical 1.5" Nylon gun belt, No undershirt, I never tuck in my shirts.
Body type: Over 6ft. Tall over 260 lbs with a spare tire.

I just received my Ulticlips yesterday and wore them up until bed time and all day at work today.
https://ulticlip.com/

Install was simple and straightforward. There is only one hole per clip so you will not be able to adjust cant via the clip. The upside of this is there isn't a long tail sticking out past the screw. screw hole to tip of clip length is about the same as stock setting on the Minotaur Holster, maybe a tad bit shorter.

Pros:
-Doesn't shift backward or forward throughout the day.
-Clips conceal 99% under the belt
-Infinitely more retention on conventional clips. I cannot compare them to snaps as I don't own any.

Cons:
-Sharp edges can dig into the muffin top. Might affect skinny people too.
-Pain to put in the pants after they are already on if you aren't flexible/are fat.
-Clips onto the pant and not the belt so if you are taking a dump with a gun in the holster, it will flop inwards. Don't rely on your belt to keep it up.
-Hard to tuck with the sharp edges.
-The top is protruded quite a bit from the lever mechanism.
-To the nitpicky, the painted metal is bubbled almost like it was painted over flash rust. Not the best quality finish.
Update:
It makes your bet stick out further and sags brow the belt.

Unknowns:
-Will my sweat cause these clips to rust?
-Will the clips wear a hole in my clothes and shirt?
-Will a long walk lead to pain in my side?

Verdict: I'll stick with these clips for now and see if it leads to any pain or ripped clothes. Only time will tell if this steel will rust. I think it's a great idea but it would be a hell of a lot more comfy if they were made from polished stainless instead of what looks like bent spring steel sheets. I also don't care for the fact that they clip to the pants and not the belt. I bought it for it's retention properties, not concealability. I Might just buy some snaps down the road.

Update: after taking pictures and realizing that my pants were sagging below the belt, I'm not liking it as much.

f7d974b1a73e7fb7ac026cc5f4737108.jpg

c9dece74eb0bdf7a4da2feee9ae68a34.jpg

cf5cf71ad27443df237d4a202eaa144b.jpg

e0b974fa2b54395dbe921549d0458de9.jpg

bc7a1821dca7cbeec48bb0e44e6e6101.jpg

26430e7afe696bb0466fb2908c7347f4.jpg

ab56b6c2c370ed373712b0ab602ccfe5.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I purchased the Ulticlip at least 4 months ago, put them on my Alien Gear tuck holster, carrying my SR40c I love this setup, no sag, never lose. Really comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the review; I hadn't heard of this product.

FWIW, I'm skinnier than you and I learned long ago that any clip I buy MUST go over the belt, or at least straddle a belt loop. Everything but a J-frame drags my pants down if the clip doesn't incorporate the belt.

Back
Top Bottom