• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My son's 6th birthday gift.

roccoracer

NES Member
dacaf3d482aafe1de480a0a8af9a1f01.jpg
I bought this for my son. His birthday is not until July and I am having a heck of a time not giving it to him now. I can't wait to see his face when I give it to him.
It is a 2006 Yamaha TT-R 50.

Man that is wicked cool.

nothing says "i have a cool ass dad" like a freaking motorbike!

NICE!! When my boys were 6 & 7 we bought them a CRF50 and a CRF70 for Christmas. The expression on their faces was priceless. Then my wife and I realized that the fat man in the red suit got all the credit until they were old enough to know that we were Santa. Now they have upgraded to a KX250F & CRF250R that they bought and are now looking at trucks. Enjoy them while they are young.

Man that is wicked cool.

nothing says "i have a cool ass dad" like a freaking motorbike!
I am a lucky man. My parents did not have any money growing up so toys like this could not happen. But my parents taught me that hard work and personal responsibility will pay off and I started working at 14. All of the money I earned during the summer could be used on toys etc. I even payed my parents rent 3 or 4 times. Now I am nearly 40 and have an awesome career and the ability to teach my kids (3) that hard work and personal responsibility will pay off and I can get them some of the toys.
It just feels good.

Last edited:
Rocco - does that thing really have inverted forks? Or do they just try to make it look that way?

Centrifugal clutch?

I got my first bike when I was 9, an RM80.

My sister wanted to ride realy really bad. So she ended up with a Suzuki JR50. The classic little kid bike. I think they still make it, pretty much unchanged from 20 years ago.

Don

There's a big age difference between me and my 3 younger brothers. The first mini bike that I got them was to share. The two oldest got the youngest on it, picked up the rear end and told him to crack the throttle. He did. They let the rear end hit the ground and he was off and running. Right in to a tree and broke his arm. Mom was unhappy with me. We went through 4 or 5 mini bikes before they figured out how not to crash into trees and ruin them.

Those are actual inverted forks but they're oilless. If it's anything like CRf version, it's a 3 speed with an auto clutch.

Dcmdon: Don't make any mistakes.. the TTR50 is a brilliant starter bike, but there is EXACTLY NOTHING even resembling high tech about it! :)

You want high tech, for a kids bike, KTM is where you go. My son is 6 and got his first PW50 when he was still 1 (yes, my wife was "thrilled"). He is on KTMs now and his 5 year old KTM 50 SX has disc brakes, an adjustable auto clutch, compression and rebound adjustment. They are basically just big bikes put in to Rick Moranis' shrink ray... though the price escaped the shrink ray.. go figure.

Thats awesome.

I was about to write "now I wish I had a son". But damnit. my daughter loves to shoot. Its my parental responsibility to introduce her to motorcycles.

As an aside. I raced dirtbikes from the age of 10, then started roadracing at 16, all with my parents blessing. (my dad raced)

But when I bought a street bike at 18, my parents FREAKED OUT.

"I don't want to find out you died on the hood of a car because some a55h0le isn't paying attention" he'd say.
I agreed to never use it for transportation. What he didn't know was that I was (and still am) deathly afraid of cars.

Don

Back
Top Bottom