My son may be moving to MA...

45Badger

NES Member
Sometimes, kids do the silliest things. He accepted a job with software company in Boston. Remote for now but will probably have to be in office this fall.

Question about the guns he owns-

Aside from the normal BS of getting permit, and 1994 AWB compliance, are there any restrictions on guns he bring to state when he moves?

Can he bring guns that are not on “approved” list? Glocks and Kahrs? If he brings them, can they be privately sold/transferred at later date?

Thanks!

Hopefully, one day he will rethink his choice to donate all sorts of money to state government😎

This thread should help.

List only applies to dealers and handguns, so no concerns on bringing off list pistols and selling them later (FTF with eFA10).

Boston proper has its own, more stringent AWB, which only applies to residents. I’d suggest your son avoids moving into Boston proper if he doesn’t want to deal with that plus the likely restricted license.

Boston specific AWB discussion:

Sometimes, kids do the silliest things. He accepted a job with software company in Boston. Remote for now but will probably have to be in office this fall.

Aside from the normal BS of getting permit, and 1994 AWB compliance, are there any restrictions on guns he bring to state when he moves?

Can he bring guns that are not on “approved” list? Glocks and Kahrs? If he brings them, can they be privately sold/transferred at later date?

Thanks!

Hopefully, one day he will rethink his choice to donate all sorts of money to state government😎

Yes he can bring “off roster” guns as long as they are AWB compliant.

Remember that Boston has its own AWB on residents that live there.

Bob

Thanks!

Tell him to buy a bunch of glocks before he moves to mass. Folks in this crazy state will pay double what those sell for new for some damn reason when they buy them private sale. 😂

Moot point, but writing it here as a matter of pedantry: There are like 30 Kahr models on the roster. I'm assuming that's just about their entire catalog save for any bleeding edge new stuff.

Sometimes, kids do the silliest things. He accepted a job with software company in Boston.
Kids accepting jobs that pay good money...I wouldn't call that a silly thing. I would say that's a good start and congrats to your son.
When he gets sick of the MA bs he can move back to a more free state any time later in life.

Tell him to buy a bunch of glocks before he moves to mass. Folks in this crazy state will pay double what those sell for new for some damn reason when they buy them private sale. 😂
It's all fun and games until he gets jacked up for straw purchases.

The first rule of Move In To Massachusetts With Glerks To Flip Club
is "STFU On The Intarwebs About Buying Glerks To Flip Before Moving To Massachusetts".

is "STFU On The Intarwebs About Buying Glerks To Flip Before Moving To Massachusetts".
Yeah I know. It was a joke. You should get your sarcasm meter checked asap

You can't have straws without a buyer lined up.

It's a shit/retard game anyways, regardless. Lol

Hit all the local gun stores’ old/used mag boxes and buy up all the preban normal capacity mags, move to MA, sell on NES, profit.

Yeah I know. It was a joke. You should get your sarcasm meter checked asap
News flash:

I upvoted your post before I un-upvoted your post.

Because I realized that if OP had a clue
and there was no chance he'd maneuver his son
into getting jacked up as a straw purchaser
by misinterpreting your joke,
then he wouldn't have asked for advice in the first place.

ETA:
He didn't come here asking how to structure a straw purchase.
That's just a side-effect of the eleet advice.
NES delivers.

You can't have straws without a buyer lined up.
Remember, the NES shorthand is
"buying a gun for someone else,
but claiming it's for you".

If they needed to prove there was some specific individual
that the straw was fronting for,
how would the Feds ever get a single conviction?

All the defense would have to do is sow reasonable doubt
by claiming at trial that the straw defendant hadn't yet decided
which gang banger they were gonna flip it to?

It's a shit/retard game anyways, regardless. Lol
59wc6a.jpg

If they needed to prove there was some specific individual
that the straw was fronting for,
how would the Feds ever get a single conviction?
You cannot prove a straw without an "actual buyer. " Some guy buying guns, without a specific actual purchaser/money source = nothing. The elements have to be linked together. That doesn't preclude other charges though.

EX: Joe Crackhead Cleanrecord agrees to buys 5 guns for a bag of smack and repay a loan from Scummy McDrugdealer, Scummy sells one to an associate, Jake Dirtbag III, who shoots some guy and tosses gun. ATF traces gun finds Joe Cleanrecord is buyer. Joe Cleanrecord rolls because hes dumb and runs his mouth. Now the feds will cut a deal with Joe to send Scummy down the river.

I swear I've never seen more people so quick to wanting to make a buck on here.
Nothing like stuffin it up the dirty hole to a fellow gun owner to make a couple of bucks. Are these same people also brass rats?

You cannot prove a straw without an "actual buyer. " Some guy buying guns, without a specific actual purchaser/money source = nothing. The elements have to be linked together. That doesn't preclude other charges though.
AFT Postcard Definition includes "Purchasing ... for someone
who does not want his or her name associated with the transaction".

Unsure what hay a Prosecuting Prosecutor could make of that.

Wonder if they ever bring straw charges that don't have all the elements,
because courts don't care and most generic defense attorneys aren't up to the job?

I wonder if that half of the law's postcard definition
(as opposed to purchase on behalf of a PP)
is vulnerable to legal attack as not standing up to strict scrutiny?
Not a slam dunk, but you never know what a court will suck for.

(Of course, so far 2A is anything but firmly protected by strict scrutiny).

AFT Postcard Definition includes "Purchasing ... for someone
who does not want his or her name associated with the transaction".

Unsure what hay a Prosecuting Prosecutor could make of that.

Wonder if they ever bring straw charges that don't have all the elements,
because courts don't care and most generic defense attorneys aren't up to the job?

I wonder if that half of the law's postcard definition
(as opposed to purchase on behalf of a PP)
is vulnerable to legal attack as not standing up to strict scrutiny?
Not a slam dunk, but you never know what a court will suck for.

(Of course, so far 2A is anything but firmly protected by strict scrutiny).

Look at straw purchase indictments, not a single one is missing the straw buyer and the actual buyer.

Straws have a bunch of elements in them which basically have to be articulated for them to go anywhere.

You need a straw buyer. You need an actual buyer. You need intent. Typically intent is demonstrated by a money flow between the actual and the straw, or some sort of a testimony that
a deal was offered.

A guy buying a bunch of guns, with his own money, with no specific intent to sell or re-sell at a later date, is not a straw purchase. There might be some other fed laws that can come into play (eg, acting as a dealer without a license) but those have nothing to do with straws. If any of that was illegal, half of the squeaky/chirpy dolphins on NES and Armslist would be in a federal prison by now.

As far as the judicial things goes, Because of Abramski (horrible decision, one of the worst since Kelo) I don't think the supremes will ever bother even accepting another straw purchase case. Even if they wanted to reverse the horrible garbage in Abramski, they would have to come up with some very creative way to eclipse it without f***ing up stare decis.

There might be some other fed laws that can come into play (eg, acting as a dealer without a license) but those have nothing to do with straws. If any of that was illegal, half of the squeaky/chirpy dolphins on NES and Armslist would be in a federal prison by now.
Oh, I assure you I believe that; that mere flippers
aren't going to get more than a warning to back off the "free market" stuff.

Even if they wanted to reverse the horrible garbage in Abramski, they would have to come up with some very creative way to eclipse it without f***ing up stare decis.
If there is a flip of Congress by a serious margin in '22/'24,
gun-owners might votesplain to the legislature that
they want laws repealed.

If.

I understand that the GOP didn't lift a cuticle during '16-'18;
that they were motivated to talk a good game right up until getting
put back in charge, and then go supine.
I understand that they'll be motivated to play the same game the next time.

Back
Top Bottom