My software support dept needs another team member.

Sounds like a good entry level job for someone wanting to get into this field...

What about you? Do YOU have any openings? You're all Unix/Linux aren't you? Or are you running Macs?

DB2 on Macs.... [rofl] right... [rolleyes]

I do Oracle DB programming and the hardware infrastructure for the company.

The position is a great entry level job for someone looking to change career fields. The last three guys I hired for my dept were internal customer support employees.

Yea, I saw what they pay helpdesk guys. That's pretty low compared to the going rate around Monster. Seems intro Helpdesk is going for about 40-45...

Yeah, when you can find them. IT jobs have been on a slump for
awhile now. My department is down like 4 people and we've been on a hiring
freeze for like 2 years now. A good friend of mine that works down in
the internet beltway (MD/VA) has managed to dodge a series of like 4 layoff rounds,
and even his supervisor got axed. Now he is doing his supe's old job at
the same pay level! (they threw him some perks, but thats about
it). Some part of the IT market are still in shambles.

I'm not saying jobs are unobtainium... just that the days of the IT worker
having the upper hand are pretty much over, at least for now.

-Mike

Is the company carry-freindly?

Negative... What confuses me is the Owner is former Army Special forces too. It's an insurance thing so he tells me, I still think it's BS and I almost quit because of it. Like I said before it's a private company and he can make the rules, nobody is forcing me to work there.

FWIW I've been here almost 8 years. They take care of their employees that work hard.

Yea, I saw what they pay helpdesk guys. That's pretty low compared to the going rate around Monster. Seems intro Helpdesk is going for about 40-45...

See the above link...[thinking]

Don't submit a resume then and thanks for crapping on my thread...

Hey, I was just commenting on your prior post...

I still think that it's a great opportunity for someone that wants to get into this field.

LOL!

If you were selling one of your revolvers for $500 and I posted:

" You know I saw a few other exact same models for $400 on Gunsamerica"

You wouldn't be too happy...

How many support people have you hired in the past 6 months in the Worcester area?

FWIW I've been here almost 8 years. They take care of their employees that work hard.

That's HUGE! Now a days, you don't really see that much... EDS used to be like that when Perot owned us...

But when we were sold to GM, then went off on our own again...things have been slowly going down hill...

I would say that the changes from even 8-10 years ago are different.

If you can find a place that takes care of you...making below average at the start...those other things can make it worth it..

I've got an old school EDS boss here...so he's still trying to run this account like the old days...taking care of us taht bust or ass as well.

We've had a raise freeze for a few years...but somehow, he still managed to get a few of us more money when there wasn't any to give out...

If it wasn't so far out...and a job higher up the scale, I would apply. But I don't wnat to go backwards in my field.

Sorry for crapping up the thread...LOL! Hope that this makes it better. [smile]

I'm not worried nobody takes you seriously any ways... [wink]

Besides you're probably posting from a Mac right now. RJ is smiling...

If you were selling one of your revolvers for $500 and I posted:

" You know I saw a few other exact same models for $400 on Gunsamerica"

You wouldn't be too happy...

How many support people have you hired in the past 6 months in the Worcester area?

Yea, you're right...Dude...I'm really sorry. And you're right. I've only looked around Boston...where they figure in things like parking and travel into the base pay.

So I guess that would make that a very competitive salary.

Back
Top Bottom