my shooting partner has a blatant disregard for firearm safety.

Sorry man I tried to get some laughs but the other thread got locked. To the OP try to go shooting when your roommates not around?

Nice troll job. Not nearly as good as Bodybagsryan, though. [rofl]

-Mike

Everytime he muzzle sweeps me I say something but he just kinda shrugs it off.

[rofl]

Be smart,
Find a safer friend to shoot with that doesn't shrug it off.

guns-america-countries-gif-573491.gif

33bl4ki.jpg

i was praying the other thread wasn't just trolling.

OP sit down with your roommate and talk to him. he's not going to listen since he's nearly 60 and has been doing this shit his entire life, he might even get mad. find somewhere else to live. i'm not even gonna ask about the bedroom situation.

we don't go to a range. out here there is plenty of pumice pits to go shoot all day long for free

Cool, so when he accidentally kills you, he can just leave you there and go about his business.

You haven't told anybody you know that you live with this guy, and nobody knows who he is, right?

- - - Updated - - -

i'm not even gonna ask about the bedroom situation.[/QUOTE]

"And we can't even afford pajamas."

Cool, so when he accidentally kills you, he can just leave you there and go about his business.

You haven't told anybody you know that you live with this guy, and nobody knows who he is, right?

- - - Updated - - -

"And we can't even afford pajamas."
probably wouldn't be the best to just leave me there since at least 200 people every day go to those pits

IMO, you don't tactfully handle it. You make it abundantly clear the level of stupidity presented not only endangered your life but anything short of a full acknowledgement of the importance of firearms safety rules suggests he doesn't really comprehend the gravity of what happened.

It's your life. Don't let idiots endanger it.

THIS

I haven't read all the response and take safety seriously but I have seen people get over zealous with the safety meaning they freak out being swept by an obviously empty firearm, like a revolver with the cylinder open and no cartridges in the cylinder, or rifle that has a flag in it and no magazine. Hell I have seen people flinch at a shotgun barrel that isn't attached to a receiver.

I haven't read all the response and take safety seriously but I have seen people get over zealous with the safety meaning they freak out being swept by an obviously empty firearm, like a revolver with the cylinder open and no cartridges in the cylinder, or rifle that has a flag in it and no magazine. Hell I have seen people flinch at a shotgun barrel that isn't attached to a receiver.

Okay, get ready get set.......now pile on everyone [grin]

Just have a frank conversation with him next time he wants to go shooting with him. Tell him that this kind of action is unacceptable, and that he has to go to a firearms safety class before you go with him again.
When you are out with him, be deliberate with all your safety actions, and talk to yourself while you are doing it .. i.e. "pistol clear, pointed in safe drection ... " etc
Then after the class if he ever muzzle sweeps you, or has his finger on the trigger before aiming, just walk out. go.. tell him, sorry, this is way too dangereous and you can't be part of this and walk away...

take him shooting again, fire a round one foot from him and then ask how he likes it...

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. He points a gun at you, you draw down on him. He puts one in the ground two feet from your toes, put one in the ground a foot from his toes.

Might make the point. Might not. Not guaranteeing it's a GOOD idea, but it's an idea.

I don't know why but NH state motto of Live free or die just popped In my head. In your case it would be live free and possibly be killed

probably wouldn't be the best to just leave me there since at least 200 people every day go to those pits

I'm not trying to be a dick. The next guy comes, finds young guy who killed himself with his gun (on purpose or accident, /shrug) and calls police...or just leaves because he doesn't need that hassle.

I'm discounting the ghoul scenario, btw. It's a bit dark in here...

Maybe their husbands didn't fully explain how firearms work?

Back
Top Bottom