My SBR build

Here is my MK18 MOD 1 clone build.

I'm basing this build off of MK18s I saw in the wild with guys I worked with.

The ATF Form 1 has been approved, and is sitting in my safe!

Just waiting on the upper from High Caliber Sales (standard 10.3 inch MK18 MOD1 upper with PRI GB CH and a JoJos comp).

Also waiting on the LMT GEN 1 stock, M3X long gun light, and a KAC Taupe front sight that I bought off people on ar15.com and they are all in the mail!

The lower consists of:

Noveske lower
CQD sling mount rear
Giessele SSA trigger
DD LPK
Mil Spec Tube
H-Buffer

Other Parts:

CQD sling mount front
CQD sling
SU-230 marked ELCAN (SF overrun)
KAC 300m BUIS
Tango down VFG

CANT WAIT

Thanks guys, I cannot wait to get it all together too. High Caliber Sales is just waiting on the barrels from Daniel Defense, which should be there in about a week. As far as the advantage to having a SBR, is just what you stated, close quarter combat. This rifle can easily hit targets out to 300 yards (saw a guy do it on a real MK18 MOD1 with just his BUIS), so its not really limited. But, I won't be using it for anything like that, I just like the build clones of military rifles that I saw while I was deployed in Afghanistan with some "quiet professionals". I already have clones of MK12 MOD1s and a M4A1 SOPMOD Block II.

And no the lower is not preban, and I know the whole argument about the fact that it is not considered an assault rifle so technically I don't have to have a comp or pin the stock, but I rather be safe than sorry, and until something comes out clarifying that ruling I'm just going to hang tight.

But bottom line, NFA stuff is fun and cool because its not easy to get something like this ya know?

just curious, how long did it take for the form 1 to be approved?
i'm seeing 7 months from some other posts?
thx
garyz

im guessing your lower isnt preban?

[rolleyes]

I want to build a clone of the MK18's we had on the ship, what a fun little rifle to run. Although the lights we had mounted on them were f'ng huge, some sort of surefire, I don't recall exactly.

I have a lower in my safe that is not doing anything, I aught to just send in the paper work and start the wait. I appreciate posts like this to push me into it. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
As far as a wait, I passed this in in February, and got it in the end of August, so a little under 7 months. I might make my other AR a SBR as well, what is a few months?

Back
Top Bottom