My Preban - Thanks to those who helped!

First off, I'd like to say thank you to those that posted comments/advice a few weeks back when I posted my
"Need an AR friendly FFL". I don't get to post here nearly as much as I'd like, but everyone chimed in and gave
me some great advice. I ended up going with a local FFL that doesn't really advertise his services, but he was
a HUGE help and extremely helpful and nice.

So I thought I'd post a quick before and after pick. I consider it to be a constant work in progress (as most AR owners do).
Here's a pick that was supplied to me by the former owner. It's a preban Colt Government model 6550. I don't know
the exact year of manufacture, but the 6550 was produced between 1988 and 1990 as best I can find.
It's a standard A2 upper, 20" barrel, 1:7 twist, chrome extractor on the bolt and appears to have been shot VERY little.
For those that follow golf, this rifle was supposedly part of an estate owned by the brother-in-law of Davis Love III's,
that killed himself (not with this gun!) a few years ago after being caught embezzling money.

Anyways, here she is as she arrived from Georgia:
Colt6550.jpg

And as she is right now with Magpul MIAD grip, 16" RRA upper with A2 flashhider, Magpul CTR collapsable stock,
YHM rifle length free float forearm and YHM flip front site. Haven't gotten either config to the range yet!
A couple of her sisters are sitting below her - SW99 in 9mm and P345 in .45
ColtRRA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom