My Pre-Ban AR-15 Colt Sporter Build

I picked up this Colt Sporter Match HBAR chambered in 5.56 NATO about a month ago from Four Seasons. Upon further inspection, I discovered it to be in immaculate condition with very little wear; Probably only a hundred rounds through the barrel. I double-checked the S/N and its definitely a pre-ban.
Parts List (beside the obvious):
-Geissele Super 3 Gun trigger
-LaRue 9" Freefloat Rail
-LaRue Laser/Light Stack Mount
-CMMG Inc. 16" midlength nedium contour barrel
-VLTOR MUR
-BCM Gunfighter (Large)
-PWS Buffer Tube

PhotoAug25121415.jpg

PhotoAug30185041.jpg

PhotoAug30223415.jpg

PhotoAug30223459.jpg

PhotoSep05213334.jpg

PhotoSep12212342.jpg

Last edited:
I like the color scheme on the grip. I "call of duty"ed the hell out of mine with magpul everywhere. Looks good

Nice! Can't wait to eventually get my hands on a pre-ban so I can add all the goodies we are supposed to have. Good looking build.

nice build. do you plan on painting the upper/lower to match color? what was the total cost of your build?

nice build. do you plan on painting the upper/lower to match color? what was the total cost of your build?
I've considered it, or possible just cerakoting the lower on an earth tone. I've still got to think more about it. I purchased a full rifle to strip the pre-ban lower; that cont me about $1500. With everything else on top of that, close to another $1500. Probably could have been a $2k rifle if it wasn't for this states restrictions[rolleyes]I'll plan to build a state compliant rifle out of the remaining upper and the LRB Lower from the group buy.

Does the Geissele Super 3 Gun trigger work well with the sear block or did you have to modify it?
It seems to work fine. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, on account of me still waiting for some gunsmithing, but dry-fires quite well. I've noticed no binding at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom