my pistol caliber carbine build dilemma finished [ pics]

after months of planning finally got it done and settled for 40 S&W
first wanted a 10 mm since i already a glock and ruger in that caliber, also have a glock and karhr in 40 S&W. kriss carbine; nice but overpriced. big, heavy and odd takedown, mectec, hi point, keltec 40: butt fugly all others not ma compliant unless 80 percent build, ruger; unobtainium. since i already have a colt preban A2which i can add killy features like collapsable and folding stock, went with the stern 40 caliber glock mag. upper conversion: $750 plus troy sights which saved $$$$ since it would cost $1500 plus to build a new rifle and for $500 can add the stern 9mm conversion. the 40 S&W out of a 16" barrel equals low end 10mm ballistics and buffalo bore makes a 40 plus P which really zings
range results; stern conversion simple few minute installation, functions flawless and accurate [ sill sighting in]. i already have hi cap prebans but they are grail so made some legal ones out of 10 rounders up with cross eng. base connectors. i have long arms a the foregrip placement works for me, will move it around when i get more rails
40 1.jpg40 2.jpg

Last edited:
ok, nice! but i'm old...can you rewrite this with just a build list and leave out what you didn't use or why? my old brain is finding it hard to follow along. but sweet rifle, i like it! good job.
all parts are listed and i went through hell with decisions; part of the build lol

16 inch check out the specs on buffalo bore 40 S&W plus p; impressive

Yeah they don't screw around at Buffalo Bore. I remember looking up 9x18Makarov rounds by them years ago when I was still toting a Makarov as my summer carry. The ballistics on them shits were approaching 9x19. Which is kinda scary for a straight blowback pistol.

Back
Top Bottom