My patriot supply.

roccoracer

NES Member
I just wanted to share my experience with an order from my patriot supply. I had read several reviews online about the company and some people were very hard on them and others very positive. Some even calling the company a scam.
I was listening to Andrew Wilcow and he mentioned the 72 hour kit was only $10 (normally $25). I thought for $10 how could I go wrong. I ordered the max of 4 and waited.
Here is what arrived.
052e98b88367de116d4680197ebfd7f9.jpg
The packaging is excellent and is resealable. Inside the large bag are 4 smaller bags which are also resealable after opening. Each of the small bags has a small desiccant pack in it also.
Last night at 22:30 I decided to make one of the meals. I made the travelers stew and I could not believe how delicious it was. I was floored.
So today I gave my kids the left overs for lunch to see what they thought. My daughter thought it was awesome and asked for more. My son made yummy noises.
I just wanted to share my impression of this product. I will definetly order more soon.

Scott

Last edited:
I just wanted to share my experience with an order from my patriot supply. I had read several reviews online about the company and some people were very hard on them and others very positive. Some even calling the company a scam.
I was listening to Andrew Wilcow and he mentioned the 72 hour kit was only $10 (normally $25). I thought for $10 how could I go wrong. I ordered the max of 4 and waited.
Here is what arrived.
052e98b88367de116d4680197ebfd7f9.jpg
The packaging is excellent and is resealable. Inside the large bag are 4 smaller bags which are also resealable after opening. Each of the small bags has a small desiccant pack in it also.
Last night at 22:30 I decided to make one of the meals. I made the travelers stew and I could not believe how delicious it was. I was floored.
So today I gave my kids the left overs for lunch to see what they thought. My daughter thought it was awesome and asked for more. My son made yummy noises.
I just wanted to share my impression of this product. I will definetly order more soon.

Scott

Thanks for the info. I've been wanting to order from these guys for a while. They're prices are pretty awesome

No. My Patriots Supply = good. Food4Patriots = bad. Don't confuse them. They are two different companies.

Crap.

Food4Patriots had this $10 deal so I decided to try it. Food has not arrived yet, but about 20 spam emails have arrived in 2 days, two companies now so far, not sure how many more I will get.

Am I the only one that doesn't get how 16 servings of soup and casseroles is a three day supply? first. there are no breakfast type items. Also there is the fact that 16 is not ANY multiple of 3! Don't most of us think of three meals a day?Are some of the meals going to consist of more than one serving? You could have 1 1/2 servings each at breakfast and lunch, 2 1/3 servings for dinner. How you would prepare these fractional servings, and how you would deal with each pouch containing 4, is beyond me. I can't get my head around the math. Other than that, sounds like a good deal. Happy prepping!

Am I the only one that doesn't get how 16 servings of soup and casseroles is a three day supply? first. there are no breakfast type items. Also there is the fact that 16 is not ANY multiple of 3! Don't most of us think of three meals a day?Are some of the meals going to consist of more than one serving? You could have 1 1/2 servings each at breakfast and lunch, 2 1/3 servings for dinner. How you would prepare these fractional servings, and how you would deal with each pouch containing 4, is beyond me. I can't get my head around the math. Other than that, sounds like a good deal. Happy prepping!
Are the packages divisible by 3? How many total calories per day?

Am I the only one that doesn't get how 16 servings of soup and casseroles is a three day supply? first. there are no breakfast type items. Also there is the fact that 16 is not ANY multiple of 3! Don't most of us think of three meals a day?Are some of the meals going to consist of more than one serving? You could have 1 1/2 servings each at breakfast and lunch, 2 1/3 servings for dinner. How you would prepare these fractional servings, and how you would deal with each pouch containing 4, is beyond me. I can't get rrmy head around the math. Other than that, sounds like a good deal. Happy prepping!

[thinking]

- - - Updated - - -

C
Did you miss it in post #6 ]

Here is what is inside the 72 hour kit from Patriot Pantry:

76d5fbb3bd892fe0d3f2f01194e929e9.jpg
697c3d0c76cc615113d2a46f7981ef31.jpg
3a4f543cdcfa3da01a17c46858f9653b.jpg
8d18516556774c5a1f4e3b12af7193fd.jpg
e9e28c967d2ab3e5daf7e40950c960ff.jpg

As you can see, the calories per serving are way low except for the creamy chicken rice. I also can't find a shelf life except for this marking on top. This can't be right. Am I reading it wrong? This must be the date it was packed

c2813df86227521998883263d18c05c5.jpg

I haven't tried any of it yet, but it got good reviews taste wise. The price was right so I grabbed it on a whim to add to my preps.

By they way, I have a pretty diverse collection of freeze dried foods. The calorie per serving is low and unrealistic on ALL of them. Thus the importance of beans, rice and pasta in 5 gallon buckets. You need to have some staples to add or you won't be getting enough calories and will also be drowning in sodium

Last edited:
That adds up to 4,600 calories or about 1,500/day. 2,000/day is kind of a standard diet so that is a little light on calories. I have several long shelf life buckets of rice which makes a good side-dish to add calories. I could live on that, and I bet it tastes better than my own cooking.[laugh]

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've had good luck with Augason Farm but I can tell you the next time the pizza kit goes on sale for these guys I'm all over it. Pizza as an emergency food is ingenious!

That adds up to 4,600 calories or about 1,500/day. 2,000/day is kind of a standard diet so that is a little light on calories. I have several long shelf life buckets of rice which makes a good side-dish to add calories. I could live on that, and I bet it tastes better than my own cooking.[laugh]
There's 12,200mgs of sodium in there too. The upper limit recommended would be 2300 per day or 6900 total. Granted in a Crisis you're more likely to be doing physical activity and need more sodium but not twice the amount. The protein also looks pretty low. The average male needs about 56 grams per day. That food has 76 grams total for 3 days. But hey I guess it's better than eating tree bark [emoji3]

There's 12,200mgs of sodium in there too. The upper limit recommended would be 2300 per day or 6900 total. Granted in a Crisis you're more likely to be doing physical activity and need more sodium but not twice the amount. The protein also looks pretty low. The average male needs about 56 grams per day. That food has 76 grams total for 3 days. But hey I guess it's better than eating tree bark [emoji3]

I will say again what I have said before. If you augment these packages nutritionally with rice to dilute the sodium, and beans to pump up the protein, it's more manageable.

I will say again what I have said before. If you augment these packages nutritionally with rice to dilute the sodium, and beans to pump up the protein, it's more manageable.
Yep great Plan. Think of these more like hamburger helper or a soup starter. Essentially acting as a stock or flavor packet. You could toss in a can of chicken too.

Everybody needs a burner email to use for ordering stuff online.

Of you have gmail then just add a plus symbol and whatever you want after it.

So [email protected] would turn into [email protected]. You still get the email and creating a unique email allows you to filter it out as well as find out which sites are farming out your email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my patriot supply.com Deal of the day-72 hour kit12,95, don't know for how long. If you added some breakfast food, it would increase the daily calories. Perhaps rice pudding would be good. It's tasty and filling. Has anybody tried Bridgford the french toast that's available in the camping dept. at wal-mart? It sounds good, anyways. The mountain house eggs with bacon are good, but a little salty. Are there freeze dried biscuits or pancakes ready made or just mixes? Spouse would get sick of the oatmeal in most kits rather quickly.

I e-mailed the company and they basically said that you would eat five servings a day, and they knew it didn't come out even. I wanted to order some from the "Food 4 patriots" site where they were 9.95 a package, but after reading about the company, I was afraid to give them my credit card info. one woman got charged for way more than she ordered, some orders never came, etc. Also, they don't take Paypal, which I consider another red flag. Imagine my relief to find that you can buy the same kit for 10.00 from Amazon.com shipped directly by My Patriot Supply. The shipping on one package was 6.49, but I put 4 in the cart and it went up 12.49, so if you ordered more, shipping per unit will go down. I plan to order some soon. And you don't have to watch the hyped up, fear-mongering video. Amazon is great to deal with! Just thought people tempted to order from that other company because of price might want to know. I plan to add some breakfast foods, eat two servings of an item at each meal, and call it a 4-day supply. Simplified the math immensely, lol.

Back
Top Bottom