• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My past is coming back to haunt me!!

BillV

NES Member
Monday night I go into the Police Station for my LTC Interview. The firearms officer was very nice. A little small talk and joking around while doing paperwork. Pretty quick and easy process. She tells me 4 to 6 weeks for the state process and off I go. The next day, she calls me back and told me she was looking at my records before sending everything in and found that I have an OUI from 1984 that's still open.

I spent the last two days tracking down all the information needed to get this taken care of. I was getting the runaround a bit and then contacted the right people. They were very pleasant and are taking care of everything for me. It seems there was a clerical error. It should be all set by next week.

I was told that anything after 1995 had the 2.5 year sentence. She told me I had nothing to worry about.

When they changed the law on 1994 to increase the MAX potential sentence to 2.5 years, it triggered statutory disqualification, but nothing is keeping a Licensing Authority from using a pre 1995 DWI arrest to deny you on suitability grounds.

I wouldn't worry about it, I had a bunch of stuff on mine that was dismissed but still open. Took 2 seconds to fix at the courthouse. The close date is WAY off, but the disposition date is way back when it was supposed to be. Didn't hold me up.

Back
Top Bottom