• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My opinion on 2 CCW's

On two CCW firearms that are the best I've fired. The Glock 43 and Sig P365X. I have gone through so many CCW's I don't remember them all. Lat year I decided to settle on the G43 because I was very accurate with it and I could grip it well even with big hands. But, the main reason is its reliability. I never had a failure with it either, nothing, nil, perfect from first round.
A month ago, along comes the P365X at my LGS. I put it in my hand and that was it. The CCW I've been looking for. I've only put maybe 150 rds through but it has been perfect from first rd. The XL grip is fantastic, better than the 365 grip. I like the flat trigger much better also. I have become very accurate with this gun. It is on my side all the time now. Although I'm not a huge believer that more is better, this gun is it if you want the 10 -12 rd capacity. I'm hoping the 365X continues its reliability, I'm confident it will. I feel these are the best carry guns in their group, size and weight. The G43 is as with all Glocks have that grip angle that after a few trips to the range, you get use to quick. The 365X seems to be more natural in the hand, at least for me.
I wanted to post this because the 365X by far really impressed me.
Another point I'd like to make is that the 365X is fun to shoot at the range. The recoil is very manageable for a small gun, much better than most I've fired. I'd say a big plus rather than have a $600 - $700 gun sit in a holster for most of its life.
Thanks for reading

ha-ha. one more got converted. :)
the smaller 365 grip is same great if you get proper aftermarket pinky extender, and in the MA with 10rd mag limit getting an 'X' has little practical sense, unless you got really large hands. the size diff is small but it matters when you fit it IWB. a lot of people get surprised of how well 365 shoots.

1630587339166.png

Putting the XL grip on my regular P365 was the best gun modification I've made so far. Conceals just about as well in anything but slim cut T shirts and feels a million times better in the hand, leading to more precision on follow ups.

That said, I would have compared the G43X with the P365X, and if I were in a free state, the lure of those Shield Arms 15 rd mags would be too much. I'd cave and buy yet another subcompact 9, even though I've been trying to upsize my carry.

ha-ha. one more got converted. :)
the smaller 365 grip is same great if you get proper aftermarket pinky extender, and in the MA with 10rd mag limit getting an 'X' has little practical sense, unless you got really large hands.

Not sure if serious, the 365 feels like absolute dog shit compared to the 365X, and I have girl hands. With a regular 365 you give up some ergos for
size. That said, these are all compromise guns, one way or another. You have to decide how much you want to compromise.

I have shot the g43x and it was quite nice. I really want to try the g48. Which seems to be almost the exact same style as the 365xl

Try the new S&W Shield Plus
Have one. Of all the micro nines I tried, I liked the Shield Plus the best. I wanted to like the Sig, I really did, but found the trigger to be disappointing and the perceived recoil to be much more snappy than the Shield Plus. YMMV.

I am looking for additional 13-round mags - they're legal here in IL - but Smith hasn't released them yet. The mags are made by Mec-gar in Italy, so I'm sure there are supply chain problems too. They occasionally come up on various auction sites, but prices have approached $100 for a single magazine. Way too spendy for me.

Man... I wish I was motivated enough to care about guns. I'd probably try one.
I hate to admit it but I love the 365. I wont buy one because it doesn't offer enough over the guns I already have, but it is pretty sweet.

If I found myself rich over night somehow and started belligerently disrespecting money, I would have one all hooked up by PMM for sure.

the Glock 43X is also a great carry gun, large grip area, slim, 10 round factory mags ( 15 round aftermarket ones are available)

IMHO the G26 and its similar sized cousins have been rendered all but obsolete by the 43X

The problem is a 43X in MA requires way too much money, compared to the more affordable 365 of any variant

Have one. Of all the micro nines I tried, I liked the Shield Plus the best. I wanted to like the Sig, I really did, but found the trigger to be disappointing and the perceived recoil to be much more snappy than the Shield Plus. YMMV.

I am looking for additional 13-round mags - they're legal here in IL - but Smith hasn't released them yet. The mags are made by Mec-gar in Italy, so I'm sure there are supply chain problems too. They occasionally come up on various auction sites, but prices have approached $100 for a single magazine. Way too spendy for me.
Yup the shield plus is a great gun.
The lack of magazines sucks though. I'll have to settle for 2 mags for the time being...

Shield Plus is 3 ounces heavier than the base P365. Doesn't sound like much, but it would definitely make a difference in perceived snap.

SillySlushyDungbeetle-max-1mb.gif

lol

Sorry - not a shield/M&P fan. And I couldn't resist a funny gif.

Maybe in places like MA.

Everywhere else, a G26 with a 12 round Pmag and a 17 round reload is WAY more effective. If the 1/5" of extra girth is too much, maybe lay off the carbs for a week or 2.

The 26 with 12 rd pmag is literally the perfect gun.... after some BLs and a dremel

the Glock 43X is also a great carry gun, large grip area, slim, 10 round factory mags ( 15 round aftermarket ones are available)

IMHO the G26 and its similar sized cousins have been rendered all but obsolete by the 43X

The problem is a 43X in MA requires way too much money, compared to the more affordable 365 of any variant
I prefer the G26 grip to the 43x or any single stack… just feels right.

I have the Glock 43X, P365 and P365 XL (actually 2 XLs, one with the Romeo Zero red dot sight and one with the Sig night sights). The XL is by far my favorite gun to carry and shoot. I even prefer the iron sights over the red dot. I find the sights are very easy to see and for a small gun the XL is extremely accurate. The XLs are also very reliable. have several thousand rounds through the XL with zero failures. Finally, at the risk of being considered a "Fudd" I like the fact that the XL has a manual safety. I carry in an appendix holster (Crossbreed) and the safety gives me a little more confidence about having a loaded gun basically pointed at my groin.

SillySlushyDungbeetle-max-1mb.gif

lol

Sorry - not a shield/M&P fan. And I couldn't resist a funny gif.
Ironically, I was going to post the Clint Eastwood disgusted image.
Maybe in places like MA.

Everywhere else, a G26 with a 12 round Pmag and a 17 round reload is WAY more effective. If the 1/5" of extra girth is too much, maybe lay off the carbs for a week or 2.
In a free state the G26 is superior to the 43 and 43X in practically everyway in my opinion.

Not sure if serious, the 365 feels like absolute dog shit compared to the 365X, and I have girl hands. With a regular 365 you give up some ergos for
size. That said, these are all compromise guns, one way or another. You have to decide how much you want to compromise.

365 and 365XL feel very similar to me. I prefer the longer grip on the G43X, that fits my hand perfect, where the grip on 365XL still feels too short in the palm area, so pinky extender wouldn't help. I need to get to the range to do a runoff 365XL vs G43X.

Wouldn't that make it more or less a G19 length grip at that point? And if the grip is the hardest part to conceal and you're going there, why not carry 15rds in a G19?

glock-19-or-26.jpg
This for me 100%, I carry my regular p365 for times when I need to be incognito or my clothing dictates the smaller gun. If I am dressed casual in an untucked shirt or wearing any type of jacket I always carry a G19 with 16 in the gun and a +1 mag for my reload for 32rds total. I have a g26 but nowadays I don't use it much, I really only keep it around because it makes an excellent backup gun for a g19 or g17 in a Galco ankle glove if I'm really heading into some shithole area or if it was "go time" it works with the mags on my plate carrier.

365 and 365XL feel very similar to me. I prefer the longer grip on the G43X, that fits my hand perfect, where the grip on 365XL still feels too short in the palm area, so pinky extender wouldn't help. I need to get to the range to do a runoff 365XL vs G43X.

The XL grip solved one issue I had with the regular grip, and that was the sharp corner by the backstrap digging into the fat of my palm. My palm still spills over the end of the grip by the backstrap on the XL, but the XL is slightly more rounded there. And the tiny bit more leverage I can get with the XL grip is welcome, as I agree that the base gun is a little snappy due to it being so light. I would actually love a weighted XL grip module, as counter intuitive as that is for a tiny CCW gun.

Wouldn't that make it more or less a G19 length grip at that point? And if the grip is the hardest part to conceal and you're going there, why not carry 15rds in a G19?

glock-19-or-26.jpg
It's enough for me, the difference it makes carrying in the summer totally worth it. Your picture is not of a PMAG12, that is a glock mag with an extension, there is a little bit of a difference.
20210902_102512.jpg

The difference between the 2 of these tucked in to your shorts in the summer is enormous.

20210902_102607.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom