• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new purchase..... range review from today.

Been looking for a new gun to take to the range and just shoot.... hopefully well. I got alot of recommendations on a prior post on good range guns.... many recommended a Sig 226. Well I'm in my LGS and low and behold they have a used Sig 226 R with night sites. This gun is in mint condition, no wear on weapon at all. Best part is I got it for $ 608.00 due to black friday special.

Took it to the range today and all I can say is OMG..... what a sweet gun to shoot. My first time ever shooting a sig 226 and I'm much more accurate than i was with my M&P 9c. It's a heavier pistol DA /SA trigger, which I thought i wouldn't like, but I evjoy shooting it alot. It also feels very balanced in my hand. The Sig 226 is a great gun!

Put 300 rounds thru the 226 today. It's where art, science, and mediocre shooting (pleasurably) collide. Awesome firearm.

My buddy traded his in for a 229, it felt great in the hands, but it was no accurate at all. Maybe he got a bad one because everyone that shot it said the same this about the bullets being everywhere. Glad yours works great.

Agree with you on 226 being a great gun. Have it as well as the M&P. Shoot the 226 much better. Nice pick-up for $608.

I have a few Sigs and have a 226 and a 229. Throw some Hogue rubber grips on it for 20 bucks and you will shoot it even better. Congrats on your new handgun. I am glad you like it

- - - Updated - - -

How about a comparison between the Sig 226 and the Glock 19? Anyone wanna weigh in on that one?

226 is full size - Glock 19 is not. The only way to get a 19 to shoot as accurately as a 226 is to stand half as far away from the target

226 is full size - Glock 19 is not. The only way to get a 19 to shoot as accurately as a 226 is to stand half as far away from the target

That's true, the Sig has a 1/2" longer barrel. I wonder how much a difference that makes.
I love my Glock, but after reading "Act of Valor" my sights turned to Sig Sauer... Gentlemen, where does the addiction end?

Last edited:
Agreed. Both are fine guns, but there's a reason why Glocks never made it into military service, at least not that I'm aware of.

Agreed. Both are fine guns, but there's a reason why Glocks never made it into military service, at least not that I'm aware of.

Well you have to consider a few things.. When the military introduced the M9, glocks were not as popular and didnt have the track record it does now. Most police departments that had the beretta 92 or any other brand switched to the glock. Do.t be surprised if the military switches over to a glock to to its simplicity. I can show someone how to assemble and disassemble a glock and they will remember it forever. A beretta is a bit more complicated.

Just my $.02

I let lots of people try my Sigs, and I get the same response everytime, that people love them. I found that my Sig 226 in .40 is horrible with Blazer aluminum ammo. It functions and goes bang, but it is horrably inaccurate. I use my reloads and it's dead on, will all go in the same hole if I do my part.

As for the addiction, good luck with that, I bought my first Sig one and a half years ago, now I have 6. I think they breed.

Back
Top Bottom