• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My new Colt901-308 and Aero Precision FDE build..

turbo38gn

NES Member
Just picked up the new Colt 901LE, it's a 308 based AR that is convertible to a 556 upper in about 2 minutes... very kewl and exactly what I wanted in a 308. THe FDE on the top is my Aero Precision combo I received in Deuces group buy..... I topped it off with Diamondhead hand guard, sights and their new T-Brake...

I am intrigued by that Colt. I have wanted to get my hands on one to see if that will scratch my 308 itch. Would you mind letting us know a little about it? What does something like that go for? How does it shoot? How much of it is proprietary?

Nice sticks. [thumbsup]

I am intrigued by that Colt. I have wanted to get my hands on one to see if that will scratch my 308 itch. Would you mind letting us know a little about it? What does something like that go for? How does it shoot? How much of it is proprietary?

Nice sticks. [thumbsup]

Thanks Ed,

I like that it's a 16" barrel, the Vltor stock, ambi controls and mono upper are all very nice. I'll be changing the hand grip, wish I could change the hand guard to my Diamondhead VS T guard and T-brake.. but the mono upper\hand guard is a nice set up. It came with Ma. legal 10rd mag, NH should be 2 20rders. Also comes with hand guard covers, a sling with two Quick-Detach swivels, and a cleaning kit. Here's the really cool part... it also comes with a spare buffer and recoil spring and an aluminum adapter that allows you to mount any mil-spec 5.56mm upper receiver. As I type this, I am installing a new Nikon scope and rings made for a 308 AR.. I bought it for my Armalite AR10, but since I never shot it, I never mounted it.

The funny thing about this whole deal was when I purchased the Armalite, my friend from Colt came over with his new 901 while I was doing the deal for the Armalite... I knew then that was what I wanted, but it was impossible to get at that time and certainly nothing legal for Ma.. Cost is Around $2200.00... depending on where you purchase.

Got out yesterday and fired up both guns. Absolutely awesome shooting the new 556 FDE, the muzzle brake was incredible. It was like shooting my AR15-22, rapid fire and the muzzle stayed right on target. I think Diamondhead has the same T-brake for a 308 AR. As for the new Colt. I love it, first time shooting an AR in 308. I'll be replacing the trigger group for sure, otherwise, no complaints. I installed a new M308 scope from Nikon, made for 308 cal in an AR platform. All I can say, for the money, hard to beat Nikon. I may go back out today... if it's not too cold...

Didn't mean to piss on your parade. Glad you're liking it!

That's ok.... I spent the extra time, since I was buying, to dig around the net. Plus, my good friend works there and is very involved with the development of that gun... he kept my up to date with the progress. Like anything new.... it took a little time to get it up to snuff... I may just pull the trigger group, do a little polish and see how I like it. Otherwise, new timney will be on the way soon...

Met up with Slugger at Westfield Sportsmen Club this afternoon...... Holy Sheeeeeeeeit was it cold and windy. BUt we hung in there and blasted off some rounds with the 901. It was beautiful, hitting the target out to 100yds, shaking all over the place.... broke out the DH 556, with the new T-brake, it was amazing how little it moved. Heck, I watched Cliff shoot it, the barrel did not move. Broke out my custom stocked Rem 700 for a few more rounds.. still a tac driver... all in all, in spite of the chilly conditions, it was awesome hanging out in the cold banging targets....

Now that I'm warm!!! lol... It was a good time. Can't wait till it's warmer and we can really shoot it up!!! Those rifles you have are super nice!! The brake on the DH556 is sweet.. And that Colt 901 is just killer!!!

Thanks again!!

Now that I'm warm!!! lol... It was a good time. Can't wait till it's warmer and we can really shoot it up!!! Those rifles you have are super nice!! The brake on the DH556 is sweet.. And that Colt 901 is just killer!!!

Thanks again!!

Hey, yours was pretty nice too.... functioned great, we dialed it right in in about 3-4 shots once we saw the initial impact.. If we could have walked out some targets normally..... it was all good!

Back
Top Bottom